1.

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
--Phaedrus

THE MORNING SKIES WERE STORMING as (Y/N) Rose approached the tall sinister building that stood before her, which belonged to the prestigious wizarding family of the Malfoys. She was told by her parents that she were to stay at the Malfoys for a couple of weeks, while they went on a business trip. For what business? She didn't have a clue.

She gripped her wand tighter, which was releasing a spell that kept her dry from the rain, like an umbrella. She took a glance at herself in the glass reflection of the door. Currently, she was wearing a floral patterned dress that stopped four inches above the knee and on her head was a small formal hat. She had on white gloves that went along with the ensemble. Despite the spell being casted, her clothes were still a little wet from the rain.

The girl was not used to being away from her parents for summer, since they were the first people she wanted to see when she came home. But instead, she walked in through the doors of her home only to find a note, messily scribbled from her mother, instructing to go to the Malfoys immediately.

It was indeed very strange, especially since she had other family friends she could've stayed with. Like the Notts or the Davises, the family of (Y/N)'s best friends. But her parents knew the Malfoy family and trusted them. So if her parents trusted the Malfoys, so did she. Plus, the Roses and the Malfoys have been friends with each other for years, which made (Y/N) and Draco (the youngest Malfoy, that was in her year of Hogwarts) somewhat friendly to each other too. Though, it wasn't exactly friendliness, more like avoidance... which was friendly enough. The girl was not too fond of the boy's arrogant personality. They never got along from the day they met.

So, she couldn't help but feel nervous. The girl was never alone with the whole family before, and always had the guidance of her parents on what to do or say. Now, she was all on her own to deal with the intimidating three. She knew how judgmental they were, and was just wondering: How was she going to manage a perfect image in front of them so that they didn't think foolishly of the Rose couple's daughter?

Well, she was about to find out.

Taking a deep breathe, she rang the doorbell. The girl heard it ring loudly throughout the manor, drawing out a long chime. She heard a small crack from inside before one of the tall doors slowly opened, revealing a house elf. The elf lead the girl inside, grabbing her trunk and owl cage, apparating to most likely where her temporary room was.

Suddenly, an older woman who the girl recognized to be Mrs.Malfoy appeared from another set of doors. The woman smiled and shook the Rose girl's hand with a gentle grip.

"Oh hello (Y/N)!" She greeted warmly. Out of the three Malfoys, Narcissa was most definitely the kindest. Hard to believe she married Lucius, with all the love and warmth she shows sometimes.

"Hello Mrs. Malfoy, great to see you. Thank you for letting me stay here while my parents are off on a business trip... so kind of you, I deeply appreciate it so very much." (Y/N) replied while she looked around the interior of the house. It was all very dark and cold. The girl almost could've packed warmer clothing.

"Oh, of course dear. Anything for you and your family, after everything you've done for us... Let me call Draco down. He'll be so delighted, he's usually so lonely!" She said, excited. "Draco! Oh, Draco! We have a surprise guest, sweetheart!"

'Sweetheart? Is that a joke?' The girl thought as she doubted Draco would be delighted to see her, they weren't that close at all. She wasn't too excited to see him either. Her mind mainly worried about his judgement of her, what he would do or say that could crush her any second. Although, it was a strange feeling to care about what another kid her age thought of her, as she normally didn't. But then again, nobody was as intimidating as Draco Malfoy.