♛ Test #1B and Allies

Lin had been correct about not walking back to Toledo. Once she had mentioned Amphitryon to Laelaps, the dog had scooped up the three onto her back and began bounding back towards the north.

Luckily, they had said their thanks to Artemis beforehand.

It only took Laelaps two hours to make it back to Ohio, with a few delays, of course. The three had slept on the way back, due to no rest the previous night, so several times one of the three would almost slip from the furry back.

The troika didn't have to scour Greenwood Park for Amphitryon, for he was already waiting at the entrance.

"Laelaps, my darling!" The immortal man wept, tears in his tired eyes. The dog reared up like a horse, the people on her back falling off with startled cries. It took Lin a moment to recover. Luckily her head hadn't hit the concrete like Romá, but her wounded knee had. It didn't lock up like it had when Percy had Iris Messaged her, and instead caused her to limp as she walked up to Amphitryon.

Romá and Grover stalked up behind her, the former crossing her arms groggily.

Amphitryon paid them no attention until Lin spoke up, hugging his large dog like Zeus would take her away once again.

"Time to hold up your end of the deal. We need to go find our friends."

Amphitryon pulled away from Laelaps, cackling manically. "Why, you really think I would help you? Last time I said yes to somebody, my darling Laelaps was imprisoned in the sky!"

"You promised!" Lin shouted, making Grover jump. "You swore on the River Styx!"

"Haha! You think I believe in that stupid thing? I could care less!" he responded. The sky suddenly rumbled, a darkness rolling across the clouds. It seemed like a normal storm, but storms never appeared that fast, unless you had broken a promise made on the River Styx's name. "Woah! Fine, I'll help!"

"That's what I thought," Lin snarled darkly.

"Jeez, I've never seen her like that. Better get to it, dude," Romá giggled.

"Yes, of course, just don't yell at me," Amphitryon requested like a child, before gesturing to his old, giant friend. "Get on."