♛ Final Ordeal and Enemy

"Who in Hades' name is this guy?" Romá screamed, her voice hoarse from the amount of yelling that had occurred.

"No clue, but his attitude is offending me and all of satyr kind!" Grover responded.

The humongous man hadn't even tried to hide his whereabouts, as if he was challenging anyone who wanted to oppose him. Lin and her friends had no trouble finding him within the forests of Mackinac Island because of this.

He had stomped out a clearing using his goatish hooves, leaving jagged branches and twigs strewn across their new battlefield.

When the group had arrived, he immediately threw his oversized spear at them, with no warning provided. They got scattered right at the beginning of the fight, resulting in everyone trying out their own battle strategies at convenient times. At first Lin had been irritated with how hairy he was, for it made it difficult for them to stab him, until Grover pointed out it wasn't hair. It was fur.

Half of the man was literally goat, just like Grover. Lin had almost slapped herself, because it should have been obvious. Atop of the man's head was large, curled, ram horns. The man looked exactly like an adult satyr, just dozens of feet taller.

"Laelaps can't get close without that spear impaling her!" Amphitryon shouted to Lin from across the clearing. Lin hissed in annoyance as she dodged a bulky hoof, yet became terrified that nothing was going to plan.

They had decided Laelaps was going to kill the monster, for obvious reasons, but the enemy wasn't cooperating. In fact, they weren't even sure where Percy or Annabeth was stashed.

"Hey, you big idiot!" Lin cried, waving her own spear in the air. Everyone fighting had pulled their weapons from the coin pouch, except Grover who was using his reed pipes. They worked surprisingly well.  "Where are our friends?"

The monster stopped his attacks before chuckling, the simple act sending ripples throughout the ground. "You think I would tell you, puny demigod?"

"Could you at least tell us who you are?" Romá groaned, taking the time to catch her breath. "We could really use the leverage."

"You mean to inform me that you do not recognize me?"

"That was too many pronouns, it made me dizzy."

The man scowled, pounding the butt of his spear against the ground. Pebbles shivered at Lin's feet, and cracks appeared in the fragile soil. "I am Pallas the Titan, feared by many!"

"Um, who?" Lin questioned, only deepening his angry features. It was most likely not a clever idea to make him angry, but it was the only way to get more information on the matter. Amphitryon seemed not to get the message, for he cowered behind Laelaps.

"Pallas, you imbecile!"

"Right- yes, of course! How stupid of me. Now can you tell me why you're doing this? Why would the great Pallas meddle with puny demigods?" Lin grimaced at the fact she had to say the words, but Pallas seemed please.

"To spite my daughter, Nike."

"The goddess of victory?" The mention of Nike sent shivers up Lin, and she wasn't sure why.

"Yes, exactly! Once I escaped the depths of Tartarus, I told myself I would do anything I could to spite her, for she left me alone to suffer. What better way to do this than take Percy Jackson for my own, the little boy who conquered a great victory for himself!" Pallas got caught up in his own arrogance, spilling words from his crusty lips. "It was only a bonus I captured a child of Athena, the goddess who slayed me ("Pallas")!"