♛ Fun Facts

Since I only had a limited amount of time to write this paper, I wasn't able to add a few things. Here are some facts about what are or could have been:

• Romá might have been a child of Apollo.

• Lin's half-brother is mentioned, and his name is Keith. He also shares the surname of Kogane. This is a nod to the character Keith Kogane from Voltron: Legendary Defender.

• Another test was going to be these snake-like creatures from Greek myths called cerastes.

• Artemis was also going to bring down the Teumessian Fox with Laelaps, and keep the fox for herself.

• Nike was going to appear herself to Lin and claim her personally, but I decided it would have been too dramatic.

• Lin was going to fall from a great height during the final ordeal, yet was going to be able to slow down significantly, almost floating. This would have been a hint at her mother's wings.

• Lin's knee injury is called a posterior cruciate ligament injury.

• When Lin eats ambrosia, she tastes her stepmother's homemade banana bread.

• Romá used to know Luke Castellan, for they share the same father. She still hasn't gotten over his betrayal.

• Grover was going to be able to catch the scent of Percy and Annabeth in Gaylord, Michigan.

• Lin won her first Capture the Flag game against Romá two weeks after her quest. Romá was on Percy's team and Lin was on Annabeth's.

• After helping with tying the ropes during Pallas's defeat, Romá gained an odd fascination with braids. Grover taught her some more, and now Romá practices on nymphs and naiads. Lin is growing out her hair just Romá can practice on her.

• Annabeth and Lin are close, which is only natural since their mothers were the same.

• When the camp has its weekly lake swim time, demigods like to bet who can hold their breath longer: Lin or Percy. It puts everyone in a predicament, because Percy's father is all about water and being able to breath under it, but Lin's mother is the goddess of victory. See what I'm getting at?

• Lin is Japanese-American. Nike met Lin's father in Japan, and then they moved to America (closer to Camp Half-Blood) when Nike got pregnant.

• Romá, on the other hand, is Latina. She speaks fluent Spanish.

Let's be honest with ourselves. We get attached to our characters no matter who they are. I'm no exception. While writing this, I started wondering what Lin and Romá might do during the Heroes of Olympus series. Here are a few ideas I've scrounged up (no way are these final, just simple thoughts):

• Not only is Lin Japanese, but centuries and centuries ago, her family was Chinese. This explains why Lin has a distant relation to Frank Zhang.

• If Lin was related to Frank, that would mean she has a familial connection to Percy. When finding this out, Percy would have hugged Lin super tight, shouting, "That's why the Iris Message went to you!"

• When Percy went missing just a few weeks after Lin had saved him, she became devastated. That in turn made Romá furious, and Grover sadder than before. It only made Annabeth more determined.

• Romá bonded with Leo over their ethnicities. Once they started talking, they found they had a lot more in common than just where they came from and their skin color.

• Even though they hadn't been friends long, Percy made such a deep bond with Lin and Romá that he remembered them right after Annabeth and Grover.

• Annabeth didn't let Lin or Romá search for Percy with her. She claimed they needed to watch over camp.

• Lin and Romá decided together that Gaea had used her last straw when they found out Percy and Annabeth had fallen into Tartarus, and they did everything they could to defeat the earth goddess.

• Although they never really went on big missions with the Big Seven, the two girls did ride aboard the Argo II sometime during Blood of Olympus.

And finally, some facts for little things that happened right after Blood of Olympus:

• Romà was finally able to braid Lin's hair one week after the fall of Gaea, for it had grown long enough. It took a few tries, but Grover was able to assist her in creating a french braid!

• Romá bonded with Jason Grace over flying. Of course, she isn't able to do the act, but has flying shoes that she enjoys. Sort of like how Luke had a pair.

• Romá would be lying if she said she didn't gain a tiny crush on Hazel. It diminished soon after the final battle though. Now they're just close friends. She's dating Frank anyways, and Romá didn't want to argue with Lin.

• So the above fact just outed Romá. She's demisexual, and she understands Nico deeply because of this.

• Piper, Lin, and Romá tell each other stories from their parent's cultures. Piper tells Cherokee tales, Lin tells Japanese fantasies, and Romá tells Mexican folktales.

I might add more in the future, if anything else pops up. Besides that, thank you so much for reading!