chapter 5

(a/n: listen to the video while reading this)

Steven was getting fed up with everyone's bullshit.

He was about to pack his stuff and get the hell out of this hellhole, but then music started playing from outside. Steven froze. It was getting closer and closer. As it got closer, Steven recognized a voice..

"Bird Mom?" Steven asked, he was getting very nervous now.. It was getting closer and closer.. Steven knew that song from somewhere, he just couldn't put his finger on it. Then someone kicked the door open. 

It was Gay Bird

It was Gay Bird. She had black eyeliner, a black leather jacket, black armbands, and ripped jeans. She was holding a large boombox on her shoulder, and a cigarette in her hand. The gem looked high as fuck. Steven was very confused at first. Then he realized what was happening.. He got war flashbacks from the days of.. the rap..

"O shit, waddup Steven!" yelled the stoned gem.

Steven yelled in fear. This couldn't happen again. He thought Garnet burned all evidence of Pearl's tape, but apparently he was wrong.

"ROUND AND ROUND, LET THE CITY TURN, PARTY IN THE HILLS WE CAN PARTY IN THE BURBS, ROOF ON FIRE LET IT BURN, CHAMPAGNE IN MY HAND IM NOT CONCERNED."  Salty Bird screeched. She repeated this line over and over again while Steven screamed in fear.

"NO, NOT AGAIN!" yelled Steven. But he silently thanked the gods that she hadn't gone emo.. yet.. 

Bird had been busting the same rap for the past fifteen minutes, and now it was official. Steven was dead inside.

The Gem door activated, and Garnet stepped out. The large space rock was holding something in her hand. As Steven looked closer, he realized it was a purple bubble. Whatever was inside had been bubbled by Amethyst.

Garnet lifted her arms up, and threw the bubble to the floor. Just as it was about to hit the floor, Steven realized who's gem was inside.

"GARNET, YOU JUST LET JASPER OUT!" screeched Steven.

"Whoops." Garnet said, but she obviously didn't care. Steven reached out his arm and summoned his shield as the corrupted gem began to reform.

"Okay, I've got a second chance with Jasper.. I guess.." Steven said to himself.

But when Jasper reformed, she wasn't corrupted anymore.

"Jasper? You're back to normal?" Steven asked, relieved. He hated the thought of anyone having to live like that.. But then he took a closer look.

 But then he took a closer look

"ROSE QUAAAARRRRRTTTZZZZZ!" Jasper screeched.

"IM NOT ROSE." Steven said in frustration.

Steven got down onto the floor, stared up at the sky, and shook his fists.

"NOOOOOOOOOOO!" he screamed. This was worse than corruption. "I just want everything to go back to normal!" he yelled. Then his gem room opened. Steven ran in without a second thought, even though some messed up stuff had happened in there before.

"Room? I want to be safe from all the emo shit going on outside," he said. Pink clouds formed out of thin air. The clouds began to make humanoid shapes. They walked towards Steven as colors began to appear on their bodies.

"Oh no, what's going on.." he muttered.

"Crawling in my skin.." one said.

"Wake me up inside." said another.

The clouds finally took their final form..  emo teenagers.

Steven screeched in frustration. The emo was everywhere. There was no escape.

He ran out the room, to see all the emo gems gathered in the house, dancing to Salty Lesbian's music. Steven ran up the stairs and started rummaging through his stuff. He grabbed his Camp Pining Hearts and Lonely Blade tapes, his stuffed animals, his video games and their consoles, and all his other important stuff, and shoved it into his cheeseburger backpack. He made a run for the door and got the hell outta there.