-• 4 •-

CHAPTER 4Hazy

"...We'll be bringing lesser supply carts if we want to get to Shiganshina more quickly."

"But if we do, it would ruin the formation."

"Not when we decrease our numbers as well. We'll have a bigger chance of dodging the titans if we are smaller..."

For the rest of the 'meeting', Hanji chose to zone it out as her heavy eyelids suddenly felt like dropping. Her exhaustion had began to take its toll, making her forget the most recent conversation she had with Erwin before Levi came barging in at the worst moment. For five days straight, she hadn't been able to get a proper eight hour sleep, and since her momentary submission to oblivion last night wasn't that favorably satisfying and relaxing, her body was now begging her for some rest.

She leaned on one hand, releasing a loud yawn. Two pairs of eyes turned to her at the sudden noise, breaking their serious discussion for a moment.

Then, from out of the blue, Levi yawned as well.

Apparently, yawns were indeed proven to be contagious.

"Quit provoking me to sleep, Four-eyes." The Captain grumbled, running a hand down his face.

Hanji weakly glared at the man sitting beside her, a string of uncontrolled words escaping her mouth. "It's not my fault that you never got to sleep properly last night."

She resisted the urge to slap herself. Last night... Oh hell, it was definitely her fault alright.

From the corner of her eye, she could see Erwin throw her a wary glare.

Levi turned to her, eyeing her daggers through the slits he called eyes. "As far as I can remember..."

In an instant, all evident exhaustion vanished in a flash, it being replaced by shock and fear. He remembered?!

The raven suddenly pointed an accusing finger at her. "...you were the one who dragged me to the mess hall to drink. Now I wake up with a fucking headache."

For a moment, the woman eased.

"Do you remember anything else aside from drinking four mugs of booze last night?" Erwin suddenly asked.

Now it was Hanji's turn to send the Commander a glare, her hand absently grasping the edge of her seat in an iron grip.

The blonde only spared her a brief glance of assurance, telling her that he knew what he was doing.

"That was four mugs? Hell, I thought I drank an entire fucking barrel."

Levi rubbed his forehead, which still pounded with some remnants of the fading headache. His eyebrows scrunched in concentration, indicating that he was reminiscing the events of the previous night.

"But that's the case here. I don't remember a shit after finishing another fucking round."

It was enough to make Hanji heave a breath she didn't know she was holding. Levi gave her a weird look, but chose to not prod.

"Must have been the effects of the alcohol." The dark haired man crossed his arms. "It seems weird, though. I usually make it til seven rounds of that poison. I'm surprised I was down for the count on my fourth one."

"Maybe you just give yourself too much credit." Hanji huffed, her joking mood returning bit by bit. "Too much that your height can no longer contain it."

She got a death glare as a response.

Erwin shifted in his seat, clearing his throat to break the growing tension between the two. "Alright. Getting back to business, Hanji,"