10

Chapter 10

Reiner Braun.

Bertolt Hoover.

These were the two who have claimed to have come from the same area as Annie Leonhart when they signed up at the Training Corps. From the files Braus has delivered to her, these two's backstories were quite spotty, with a few details that didn't seem to add up. If Hanji looked more closely, it almost seemed to her like this biography was made up. 

The scientist placed down the papers, running a hand through her hair as she nursed another growing headache. Thankfully, it wasn't as nauseating as before that she'd be puking out whatever food she has eaten. But still it pounded through her head like a relentless drum. Blame it on the the problem after problem she's facing and revelation after revelation. Any more of this and she might just explode.

But she also needs to discuss this over with the others as soon as goddamn possible. 

With a huff, she rose from her seat. Maybe she could ask the others for some tea or maybe at least some warm water if possible. 

"You don't look so good, Shitty Glasses." 

Hanji nearly leaped out of her skin. "Dear Sina, Levi!"

Said man raised an eyebrow. "Hmm, someone's jumpy."

She heaved a huge breath. "Do I seriously need to put a bell around your neck just so you could stop sneaking up on me like that?"

"I didn't 'sneak up' on you, moron. You're just so blind to not see me here." He deadpanned.

"Or you're just too tiny to actually be seen, shorty." The brunette shot back.

Levi rolled his eyes. "Anyways, the brats are getting anxious. Braus said that the file was about Leonhart?"

Hanji automatically went back into business. "Yes yes, I'll speak to them now. I'll need to gather everyone at the meeting hall."

She picked back up the papers along with her journal before walking out of the room, expecting the Captain to follow behind her. However, when she saw at the corner of her eye that he was still standing on the same spot she left him, she halted. 

"You coming, shorty?" She asked.

Levi was silent. He had his eyes still trained inside the room that she have left open. She immediately figured that he was deep in thought. 

"Levi?" She called again after a few more seconds of silence.

And he finally spoke. But it definitely wasn't the reply she was expecting.

"If you think I hadn't noticed that little secret conversation you had with Erwin before, you're wrong."

She felt her heart dropping to her feet at that. Hanji silently gulped, fearing for the worst. "What conversation?" She asked, praying that her voice did not waver.

Had he heard them talking back at the infirmary? If that was the case, then he kno--

"The one before we left headquarters." He finally transferred his scrutinizing gaze at her.

Oh.

Hanji didn't know if she should sigh with relief or be more worried. But one look at the expression on Levi's face and she knew; she should be worried. 

"Because it seemed to me as if he didn't want you to come." He crossed his arms. "I wonder why."

It's none of your business. Hanji had so wanted to reply. But she quickly recollected her composure before huffing in a joking manner. "Oh you know him, ever since he found out about the dizzy spell I had at the most previous mission, he insisted I stay and rest. But no can do, mister. I still have a Pastor to crack and a group of trespassing giants to hunt so here I am."