Pilot

The sun was finally up. The men's voices and the sound of their footsteps all over the ship made me wake up for good. The sea was calm today and if it was quiet enough, you could hear the seagulls singing their song. I went to the front side of the ship and stood there for a while looking at the busy port ahead of us. My skin felt tight and wind-washed, my hair too being tangled from the morning breeze, and the hot sun leaving tiny drops of sweat on my face. Later I, and a few more men took a small boat and went ashore. My legs wobbled on the dry, hot sand of the island. The fresh air and long journey had made me drowsy... oh how I longed for a cold bath right now.

I walked towards the town's main road.  Familiar smells and faces were approaching me simultaneously. I kept walking; each building I passed, painted a different, vibrant color. I stopped outside a store with light tirquaz walls. «Atticus!» I yelled while entering it. A bald, small-formed man showed his inked face behind the door. «Ophelia!» he smiled and his deep blue eyes lit up immediately. «I believe you have something for me?» I returned the kind smile. It was rare to see friendly faces here. «Oh yes!» he nodded as he disappeared from the room and I went to wait for him outside. He showed up again after a couple of minutes «There she is. Safe and sound» he passed the rope to my hand. I grabbed it and pull it closer so I can touch the tall and beautiful creature on her black head. «I'll come by again tomorrow» I got on my horse and gave the man a last glance before I rode away. I went up to the hill, where one could see the town from above, and kept going, following the one and only dirt road there was. I finally saw the house. "Nothing has changed"  I thought, but then again, barely anything ever changes at this place. I tied the horse by the reins to the picket fence, then walked right pass the vegetable garden and stood in front of the big, heavy, wooden door. I didn't knock -I suppose old habits never die - I simply opened the door without a moment's hesitation -somehow heavier than I remember. This smell forced me to bring back memories I had long forgotten about and I didn't try to stop it, not for a second. I had been gone for too long this time; I wouldn't be surprised if she had me for dead. I went to the kitchen right away, like I knew I'd find her there. And there she was.

Waiting... As always. Sitting on the big table in the middle of the room, with her back facing me. Her dark, wavy hair up in a bun, wearing a white silk nightgown and holding a small porcelain cup of really hot tea in her right hand. If I ever was to think of her, this is probably the first picture that would come to my mind. «I'm back.» I almost whispered. She heard me but hesitated to turn around for a second. Eventually she did. She got up and I didn't even realise how quickly she came that close to me, put her hands around me and started kissing me on my cheeks and forehead, without saying a single word. As I had suspected; she probably thought I was dead all this time, and I wouldn't blame her. Four months. That's the longest I've been away from her. Away from home.

I stayed and spent the whole day with her, as I used to. She made tea and brought me couple of good books to read. Both of them by the same writer, neither of which had I ever seen before. I immediately assumed that he must've given them to her, while I was away. I looked at his bedroom, his stuff weren't there and that meant that neither was he.
Later in the evening, we went to the small garden right outside our porch to collect vegetables and plant new ones. I looked at her. A distinctive smile was written on her pale face making her look peacefully happy. The sun was burning, since it was still early in the day, and she was wearing that big white hat of hers, covering her nose and brown eyes in its shadow. I kept glancing at her direction every now and then making sure that smile was still there. 

Sometimes even I was amazed by how much I looked like her.

I heard a horse approaching us. I looked over my shoulder to take a better look. One rider. He stopped a few meters away from where we were sitting. I got up and hung my hand from my belt, right next to where my blade was. The man seemed to be in a hurry. I didn't recognize him, he must be new member of a crew. «Madam! Captain Flint is back.» he said almost out of breath. I looked at her, she was looking right back at me. Now, her face had grown serious and the smile was gone.

Author's Note: Thank you for reading and make sure to add this to your library to get notification of updates

Author's Note: Thank you for reading and make sure to add this to your library to get notification of updates. If you liked what you read, feel free to vote - press the cute little star there - and I'm so looking forward to your comments. :)
+also if you see any grammar mistakes just keep in mind that English is not my native language, thanks ❤