Chapter 9

Darius was a good boyfriend. He called Normani when he said he would. He showed her the attention she needed and left her alone when she wasn't in the mood. He was what a stable relationship looked like. Normani didn't have any trouble trusting him because he didn't seem like that type of guy. Or because she knew deep down inside she didn't love him all that much at the moment to care if he broke her trust. Normani's mind has been going in different directions since her and Lauren's first therapy session. It had been a little over a week since they went to Dr.Link and Normani didn't plan on going back. She missed Monday's session and Lauren has been calling her to banter her about it. She couldn't go back to that room. She couldn't handle the darkness of their relationship. She didn't want to believe Lauren would want to hurt her that much.

"Babe,are you listening?" A deep voice interjected her thoughts. She looked over at Darius who was  driving. He looled focused on the rode but also focused on the conversation. "Um no sorry Dari, I wasn't." Normani said with a slight frown. "Are you okay? You've been zoning out on me alot today."

She had been zoning out. No matter how much she tried,Lauren made her way into her mind. More specifically the way Lauren kissed her after the session. Normani hated herself for actually liking it and not wanting her to stop. Lauren's touch felt so familiar and safe. She wanted to feel safe with Lauren,but after the session she didn't feel safe with her anymore.

"No babe, I'm just tired." Normani reached over and rubbed her hands through his short curls. She bit her lip slowly looking at her boyfriend. "I missed you." She tells him.  It wasn't a lie. She did miss him. She missed his rough hands on her skin,the way he gave her a stern look when she wasn't listening to him speak. She missed being turned on by him. Darius was so sweet most of the time but when it came to sex he was the complete opposite. He'd fuck the brain cells out of her,made her forget how to walk and talk. And in that moment she needed it. She needed to forget about Lauren and just be fucked.

"Babe pullover." She said. Darius eyebrows raised in confusion.

"But Mani we're very close to the restaurant.  Why should I pull over any-"

"If you want to get your dick wet you'd pull over right now."

And with that he pulled over,rolling up the tinted windows.

Lauren POV

Normani hasn't returned her call in a week. She didn't show up for Monday's session and it pissed Lauren off. She was trying to work out their problems but it seemed like all of it was too much to work for Normani. The label was finally off her ass and the album promotion was going great. Her new single was top 5 right now. Everything else in her life was going well except for her love life. Lauren knew that she wouldn't be satisfied with life until she had Normani back by her side. But the older woman wasn't talking to her. She went MIA on Lauren again and she hated when the older woman would do that. If Normani wasn't gonna answer her calls in private maybe she'd have to make answer her in public.

Lauren took out her phone,opening up the Twitter app. She knew what she was about to do would piss Normani off even more but it would mane her talk.

"@LaurenMJ:@NormaniKH Pick up the phone! I miss my nugget!"

In less than three minutes the tweet got over  50k retweets. The twitterverse was sure to break. This forced Normani to atleast give her a call even if it were to yell at the younger girl. She hated how Normani just gave up on them so easily. Something that she always tended to do. For once Lauren was gonna make her fight for their relationship. She continued to look
at all the reactions on twitter until Dinah walked through the door with wide eyes piercing into Lauren.

"Hey Din-"

"SHE IS GOING TO KILL YOU!" Dinah cut off.

"Who?" Lauren knew exactly who she was talking about but playing dumb was a more fun choice.