Chapter 11

Normani  POV
A few weeks have passed since she and Lauren had their little sexual incident. Going to therapy definitely needed to continue because clearly they still had some sort of attraction towards one another. Normani was feeling good about her relationship with Lauren now that their communication skills were progressing. However, her communication skills with Darius have been failing ever since her slight moment with Lauren. She has yet to tell him about it and the guilt has been eating her up inside. She thought the only way to escape the feeling was to push herself away from him any chance she could get. Which caused a riff between them, a riff that was all her fault and no way near Darius fault. She knew Darius wasn't stupid and suspected that something happened between her and Lauren.

They were all the media could talk about anyway. Lauren's simple "Call me"  tweet sent the internet into a frenzy and even still paps are following the too around to snag pictures of them kissing, holding hands, hugging, anything they could get their hands on. This made going to therapy a lot harder to keep private. Currently she was in the dance studio working with her partner Val on there first week routine. She loved to dance and the movements came naturally to her so it was easy to loose herself in the work. Val was a pretty strict instructor but after being in the modeling industry for quite sometime, Normani learned to grow thick skin.

"Alright, that enough for today. Its not perfect but it's getting there." Vals thick Ukrainian accent filled the room. Normani was panting as she reached for her water bottle.

"Shall we go again then? I need this to be perfect." She says hastily.

"Tomorrow. You're schedule doesn't allow us to perfect it today. Get going now. Also try to work on that hold whenever you get a chance." Val said before picking up his duffle bag and heading back out of the studio.

He was right. Normani did have a tight schedule. Right now she needed to get ready for an interview about her new Nike line and afterwards she had a dinner meeting with her team about her next career move. She was slightly overwhelmed but rather stay busy than not busy at all. It helped her with her guilt. She begins to finally pack up to leave the studio. She smelled and she knew it. No way would she go to an interview smelling and looking like this,so she decided to head home after locking up the studio room.

Lauren POV

She sat in the radio station with fans all smiling at her with their cameras out. Sometimes she wished they'd all "bask in the moment" and kept their phones in their pockets, but as long as they were respectful when it came to personal space Lauren didn't really care.

"Okay we'll take a couple more fan questions before Ms. Jauregui has to go!" The radio DJ said without getting a good reaction. Lauren let out a little chuckle at how cute her fans were.

"Here we have Sarah,twitter @ Laurenchicken." The DJ introduces a small girl.

"Hiiiiii Sarah" Lauren smiles brightly. The small girls nervously blushes which makes Lauren smile harder. 

"I just wanted to ask how do you stay true to yourself when the industry begins to get a little too much and goes to your head?"

"Umm wow, let me get my thoughts together for a sec..........My friends and family always remind me of my worth. Not gonna lie to you guys, usually my mom and Mani are always the first people I go to. Like if I'm acting outside of myself they're the first ones to tell me to cut the bullshit and stay grounded." Lauren let's out.  From the reaction of the audience she could tell everyone wasn't expecting her to talk about Normani. Mostly because questions about their breakup was blacklisted by her and her PR rep.

"Okay.  Time for one more question!" The Dj inserts.

"Awww, I love talking to you guys!" Lauren says with a wide smile.

Another girl stands up, slightly nervous and begins to ask her question.

"What is your favorite song off the album and what is it about?"

The album was filled with song that were dear to Lauren's heart. She's been stressing over it so much that she finally is relieved that she can reveal it to the world.

"Mhmm my favorite song has to be Portrait. Its a cute little mid tempo song about love and the loss of it. Yknow it took me over a year to write it because I over thought every single line. Even now I kinda cringe hearing it because I'm not sure how the person I drew it for will respond to it." Lauren lets out shyly. Like most of the album, Portrait was about her and Normani's relationship. She was scared shitless about how Normani would react to her basically airing out their whole relationship to the public.

After a quick one on one meet and greet with fans, Lauren gathered her things and left the studio. She was having a really good day. For the first time in a long time every aspect of her life was in the right place. Sure her and Normani weren't officially together at the moment but atleast their friendship was strong.

Me: I'm sure you're  busy as fuck but I just wanted to tell you I love you.

The text was bold but Lauren didn't care.

TheOne: Why are you so random?

Me: Dr.Links told us to stop holding in our feelings. I was feeling random in that moment 🙇‍♀️

TheOne: Whatever you say Lauren!

Me:So.......

TheOne: So...,what?

Me: Are you gonna say it back? Don't leave a girl hanging 😢

TheOne: 😶

Me: Mani.......

TheOne: Gtg. Walking into my Nike interview

Me: WOW,I see how we are. Have fun then 😑

TheOne: I love your crybaby ass too. Now bye I really am walking into my interview now 👋

Man was she whipped.

A/n
Long time no see. I'll finish this story! Also quick question. Would you guys rather frequent updates or once a week updates but the catch is the chapters will be around this length if I update more than once a week. Let me know.

Also buy Fifth Harmony by Fifth Harmony this Friday. Yes, they still bore me but I don't wanna see them flop.