#1998

"Ahhhh my head hurts!" I pouted . Hangovers are awful. I sat up. Today was assignment day. Ugh. The day where, no matter what gender, age, or class, you were assigned a room mate. For the next. 2. years. Crazzzyyy. Personally, the idea isn't bad, but my school is so messed up, there is too much risk involved. It was the last day of summer. Good thing I packed my stuff away already. All I have to do is unpack it when I get there.
I slowly got out of bed and slumped into my bathroom. I came to visit for a week. It was summer and I was in jeju for 1 month already. First time back. Good thing mom and dad left for Busan yesterday. I hate getting lectured about losing my mind over people so drinking my heart out fixes my problems.
I took a shower and washed all of yesterday's regrets off. When I got out I brushed my teeth then slipped on some jean capris and and oversized crew neck. Simple? Yea I know. Afterwards I applied little makeup. Some eyeliner, brow filler, and concealer. I don't have that much acne actually I just have uneven colored skin.
Afterwards, I grabbed my phone and headed downstairs. My head was still pounding. I took two advils. My mind said three, but overdosing was the least of my current stress. Whyyyyy. Why assignment day? I had to go to the school gym and put my hand in a box of 400 numbers. Actually 200, because there are two same numbers. You choose a number and find your match. The slip of paper has your dorm number on it. After your name is called you and your roomie go to the dorm and setup. Hope I don't get Minjae:(
It was already 6:40. I ate some waffles and had a little bit of strawberry milk. Favorite thing<3. After that I headed upstairs. I turned on my get ready playlist. Oppa by Yunb came on. I turned my straightener on and waited for it to heat up. I started bopping along.
Beep. The straightener was ready to use. My hair is naturally wavy. I like it, but apparently my school doesn't.
As I straightened my hair my music stopped and I got a call.

Yj= me, Yoo Junghwa
Hj= my close friend, Hyeon Jae
Here is what our conversation sounded like:

Yj: hello?
Hj: are you done getting ready? Remeber I am picking you up in 10 minutes.
Yj: okayyyy, don't worry. So whatcha doing?
Hj: stressing about getting someone I don't want with me in a dorm.
Yj: I guess you can read my mind. I had a hangover last night because of this.
Hj: Haha.....wait
Yj: what?
Hj: didn't I tell you to stay away from drinking?
Yj:.....
Hj: Aish... you are crazy.
Yj: what can I say? Haha
Hj: anyways finish your crap and Ill be there soon ok?
Yj: yeeeee. Byeeee.
Hj: byeee.

  I put my phone away and turned up the music. I finished my hair quick. I pulled my backpack ,extra flats, and my SnapBack. I headed downstairs and put my vans on. Haha that sounded sponsored. I walked out and stood on my doorstep. It was slowly getting colder. It felt like 20 degrees today. I put my hands in my pocket until I heard a car roll up.
    "Ya, let's go." Hyeon Jae opened the door for me and got in himself. When he put his seatbelt on, he looked worried. "Whats wrong?" I looked at him. He shook his head. It's getting colder. I nodded. He sped off leaving my house.

   When we arrived the gym was screaming. We hadn't seen each other for a little and they seemed so missing? Nastyyy. All the bleachers were filled. People holding cards in there hands. Hyeon Jae stared at the box at the front of the gym. I nodded. As we walked over, many minjae yelled my name. Then he wolf whistled. I never turned my back once.
    As we entered there line I saw Soo myung. I went to jeju with her and some other people. "Yaaaa! Soo myung ah!" I yelled. She turned around and waved. I did too. The line was quickly shortening and it was 6:57. 3 more minutes before the principal called names and announced room mates.
   When we got to the front, I let hyeon Jae pull first. He looked at me smiling then walked to the bleachers. Before he left he said " Meet me there." I dug my hand around the now almost empty box. I pulled my number up. Rule is that your aren't supposed to look at your number, but mine was #1998.
     I pretended to look clueless and walked to the bleachers where Hyeon jae was. "What number did you get ?" He asked still looking happy. "I got pretty close to the front. #1998. What did you get?" He opened his number and showed it to me. #1969. We both burst out laughing. Such kids.
   Many people came running in. Last minute. Me and Hyeon jae just played on our phones until we heard "SILENCE AT ONCE!"
The principal was a short bald man. His hair was seared from a school incident and he was quite bland. He never smiled and raised his voice. He was short tempered and always wore a black suit with blue striped tie.
   The principal had walked out with a wireless microphone on the court. Immediately the voices hushed down to small whispers. He walked over the the corner gym podium. That's when he started calling numbers off. " Numbers 2000 please come to the stage!" Two boys stood up from the same side bleachers. It was silent now. They came to the stage and addressed themselves as Kim Won pil and Im Haechan. The principal nodded and wrote a mark on a book. Then they both walked back to the gym doors and left.
     "Numbers 1999 please come to the stage!" The principal said The same phrase changing the number. A girl from the left side of the bleachers and a boy from the right side met in front of the principal. Kim Sori and Han Seo Min. Another unknown pair. I was getting nervous. The two said their names and walked to the doors smiling.
   It was my turn. "Numbers 1998 please come to the stage!" I stood up on the right side and looked across the whole right side. A tall and handsome guy walked down the steps and and I followed after him. A smile poked me. Hope he is nice. We both walked to the front quietly. The principal asked my name . " My name is Yoo Junghwa." I murmured quietly. A deep voice followed saying ," I am Park Hyungsik." He sounded professional and manly. Oooh. Hey brain stfu jung you need to stop. I shook my head and headed for the exit. Hyungsik followed me. I stared at Hyeon Jae in the bleachers and winked. He didn't look happy.

  When we got outside to the dorm complexes, I felt him staring at me. I made eye contact. He gave a light smile. "You already know my name and I know yours. Call me Hyungsik. Please take care of me." Then he bowed. I did too. "My name is Yoo Junghwa, let's be close friends, please take care of me." "Let's be more than close friends." I heard him murmur. "What did you say?" I pretended not to hear him. He shook his head and started walking towards our complex. My stomach tingled.
   When we walked in , it smelled like a new home. The kitchen was medium sized and the living room had shique couches. Their was two beds each twin. The flow went a level down to reveal the bathroom and the washing room. The floor was wooden, no creaking or unevenness. The lights where ball globes. The kitchen counters were granite. I loved this place already.
     I started walking back to the door when Hyungsik called my name. "Ya Junghwa! Come here!" I walked to where he was standing in front of the two rooms. He stood with one arm wrapped around his body and the other supporting his chin. He looked like he was thinking.  "Yes?" I asked. He looked at me. His facial features were beautiful. Perfect chiseled nose, strong jawline, and Hershey eyes.
     He stared at me for a couple seconds holding strong eye contact. Then he quickly looked up at the ceiling. I looked at the floor then said "Did you need me?" "Oh yea um w-which room did you w-want?" He stuttered. Still looking at the ground I said ," the right one is fine. You should take the bigger room." He nodded. Then headed towards his room.
   My heart was beating so fast. What is this?