Chapter 1

A/N Ava and Addie 6 - Alfonso 10. It is Addie's P.O.V. if not anything else is written.

Ava and I were 6 years old when we went on a vacation to Ohio, that vacation changed our lives. That vacation meant so much for our future and we weren't aware of that for many years - coming to think of it, then I think that we actually did know at the second we met that this would change us forever.

Ava and I are sisters. She is older than me by 12 minutes - that makes us twins if you haven't guessed it. 12 minutes is all she is older than me, but to her it was 12 years. Wiser and better knowing Ava. Sweet pure innocent child who does nothing wrong, because she is so mature and so smart and sweet to everyone she meets. No one knows her for anything bad, truth is she never does anything bad.

And then there is me. Plain, boring me - Or no, that doesn't make justice to well, anything. I am the troublemaker, I am the lawbreaker, I am the little unknowing sister. Most of the time I am just Ava's twin. I am not really worth mentioning... apparently.

Well, Ava follow rules and I - how should i put this? - I don't. I have always felt like no one really cared if I really got hurt so I was kind of a daredevil, maybe still is, maybe not. Curiosity got the best of me as we just arrived there.

I got this feeling that I had to go, I had to explore, I had to feel free. So I did, I ran away. Ava ran after me as fast as she could, but I was faster than her, always have been, always will be. "Come on Ava" I yelled back after her as I kept racing towards the light ahead. "Addie stop" She yelled after me, but I didn't stop, I kept running. "Dad said to stay close to the house" She got out between heavy breaths as she fought to catch up with me.

I reached the empty spot in the forest where the sun finally got a chance to shine on the grass. It was beautiful. I knew I had found what I searched for, I just didn't know it would be this beautiful. I looked stunned at the beautiful scenery in front of me and looked back at Ava who was leant forward to regain her breath.

"Look at this" I told her and neared her, I was more than excited to show her what I was seeing. She stood up straight and gave me a pleading and steady look "We have to go now" she pleaded as she grabbed my hand in hers, I pulled it back and shook my head at her "Stop being so scared" I teased her and gave her a teasing smile.

"I'm not scared" she defended herself "mom and dad will be mad". I rolled my eyes at her. Mom and dad was always her excuse, it was all it was, an excuse. If she would just live a little and be on my side for a second... But still I felt the need to comfort her "the house is right there, what are you afraid of?" I gestured to the way we came from and walked further into the clear spot, there was nothing there other than grass and a few flowers, but I still liked it. It seemed special.

Ava followed close behind me too scared to be alone, she was so dependent on me here and I like it. "Can we please leave now" Ava stuttered out sounding so nervous, I turned to her slightly annoyed "fine!" I snapped at her and took her hand in mine and pulled her towards where we came from.

Straight, straight, straight... A path? 'We didn't see a path'. "Addie I'm scared" Ava whined behind me, "stop being such a baby" I told her as calm as I could, truth is that I was freaking out too.

We couldn't go straight anymore, a fence blocked our way. "It's getting dark Addie, please take me home" she begged me close to tears. "Ava we will get home, don't cry" I said a little harsher than meant. I was scared too, but more for her.

I kept pulling her around even though I lost track of where we were long ago. "I want mommy" Ava sniffed as she pulled away and sat down and cried her eyes out. "Ava please stop crying, I will get us home, we should try to find the spot again and try again, we will get back" I promised her. Ava stood up and followed me again.

I really tried to stay positive and calm, but Ava just wasn't helping at all. She collapsed at the base of a tree and took her knees up and hugged them tight as she cried her eyes out.

"I will never see mommy again" she cried, I nodded hysterically "Ava come on, I will get us home" I tried to convince her, but also myself a bit.

The sun hung low and the forest started to darken and cast shadows. I wish I knew the way back, but I didn't. And it is really late now and mom and dad has with guarantee noticed us being gone, so when I will get in so much trouble while Ava would cry her heart out and that would be her punishment.

"Mate" we turned in fright to come face to face with an older boy. He smiled from ear to ear as he watched the two of us closely, but then his smile disappeared. "Are you crying?" his eyes fell on Ava and he walked forward taking big steps towards Ava.

Ava, my sister who is afraid of everything leaped forward and jumped into his arms and cried on his shoulders. I stared at her in a mixture of shock and.. no it was just shock. He held her close and stroked her hair gently and shushed in her ear.

I stayed put, afraid of doing anything. He looked at me and smiled weakly "don't be scared, I will not hurt you" he told me. Ava looked up from her cosy hugging boy and looked back at me with teary eyes.

"Come here princess" he held out his hand for me to take. I folded my arms over my chest and sent him a warning glare "I'm not your princess". He looked taken back by what I said but then Ava put her hand in his hair and started to play with it, my jaw was hanging on the ground.

He was holding my sister and she wasn't struggling, but I wasn't afraid either, it was a weird feeling I had in my body. I sort of just wanted to hug him, but I didn't want to.

The boy nodded sideways towards the fence "come on, lets get you home" he said. A howl sounded from the forest and made me run up to the boy and take his hand, he smiled down at me and started walking with Ava still clinging to his body and me holding his free hand.

He took us into his huge house and as we went further into the house a man and woman came towards us looking us up and down curiously. "Honey, who are the girls?" the woman asked as she reached out to touch Ava, the boy moved her out of her touch and stared at her angrily "They are mine" he said to her, almost threatened her.

The lady smiled at Ava and I and looked up at the man who stood beside her. The man looked at the boy "Son, we will never hurt them. Where are their parents?" his 'dad' asked. The boy looked at the two of us and put Ava down.

"I want my mommy" Ava said in a broken voice hugging the boy, the boy smiled down at her and looked from her to me "I will get your mom, don't worry" he said. Their father made a phone call and we sat in the living room waiting, the three of us on a couch together. The boy in the middle, Ava on one side of him having her head on his shoulder and me on the other side hugging my knees tight to my body.

"I am Alfonso by the way" the boy said calmly, "Ava" Ava answered in a small voice. His eyes fell on her, and she looked up at him and their eyes met while I stared at them in wonder of what was happening. "Beautiful name" he told her and she smiled so wide and the tears were long gone. She looked happy.

The he looked at me, still smiling from seeing her. Without him asking I answered "Addie". He nodded and then the door opened. It hurt... I didn't understand why it hurt, but he didn't say that my name was beautiful like Ava's or anything at all - he just nodded.

Mom and dad rushed in and when they saw us on the couch relieve showed on their faces. I didn't understand what happened but Alfonso's dad took our dad away and our moms followed behind leaving the three of us alone.

A few minutes later they came back and we drove home and the next morning we were told that we wouldn't go back to Dallas again. Ava was excited about this, she got a friend, Alfonso, who she didn't want to leave. While I was upset because Dallas was home, not here.

*

Alfonso was 4 years older than us. We were just 6, but we had a 10 year old hulk with us. He was bigger and he always thought he knew better than us and somehow he got the impression that he was our bodyguard. He was always around us and always watching us like a hawk.

The forest was forbidden ground without him, but he was always there so we went there with him. But he only went when both us wanted to go, if Ava wanted to do something else, then we ended up doing that.