Chapter 11

Up to Alfonso's twentieth birthday everything seemed like a countdown for something big. He had gotten more involved in his work, having late nights there. He was apparently promoted to some sort of boss of his own little team of close friends and all of them had changed massively from their somewhat fun self, to very serious men, but they are almost 20 now - maybe it's a thing, they are the only 20-year olds i know. Even Ava had joined business, as his personal assistant i assumed and had been to the office with him a couple of times.

Not even once, had i been invited to even see the office, but i had never asked. Alfonso parents were so loving and caring towards us, only around them i felt as an equal to my sister. His mom always made sure my opinion was heard, and his dad had a soft spot for me as well, with them i was perfect. With them i was Addie, and that was the best thing to be in their opinion.

Mom and dad celebrated their love in Greece, which caused Ava and I to move in for the month, but that wasn't anything new to us, we basically grew up here, Alfonso's parents were spare parents to us, sometimes even better parents. 

***

Every night from the window i had observed 2 figures running together into surrounding forest, and after that followed the sound of the wild - howls. It happened every night, and almost on clock, always around 11 pm. I couldn't clearly tell who the figures were from their silhouette, but instinctively i knew, and every time i felt betrayed all over again.

Curiosity killed the cat, and it might kill a girl as well. Anyhow i decided to follow them into the forest and figure out what all of this is about, and why they would run out even in pouring rain at that hour.

I had went to bed early, put my PJ over my clothes, and hid running shoes and raincoat under the bed. Alfonso and Ava came in and said their goodnight as always. Alfonso caressing my cheek gently as is he actually cared, and Ava bubbly as ever. I got the feeling that she actually counted down for my bedtime, so they could disappear. And tonight i will know what's going on.

Soundlessly I snuck out of bed on tippy toes and grabbed my things and walked to the window to wait for them to leave, as they didn't show. I decided to sneak out before hand which will make it easier to follow them. I opened the window to make my getaway, and climbed out counting on my somewhat athletically skills to get me through.

The house was not meant to be climbed on, i hadn't done the needed calculations for this problem. Which resolved in me loosing the grip i had on whatever i had found in the darkness, and landed with a loud crash on the grass.

I hurridly got up humping behind a tree to cover, it hurt like a bitch.

"What are you doing?" a voice, all too familiar startled me from the side, i hadn't expected anyone which caused me to jump when the sudden intruder made himself known. I looked at him, trying to calm down. I knew i was in trouble, but i couldn't tell him i was waiting for them, so that i could spy on them, that wouldn't do.

"Addie, why aren't you in bed?" His judgmental voice cut deep in my heart. I didn't want to disappoint him and still i felt like i was, but why would i care what he thinks, why do i?

I could only really see the outline of him, but it was him, i felt it, like i always did when he was around "I couldn't sleep" Was my lame response, howling sounding from all around us made him, he grabbed my arm as if to get me to go with him, but i made a stupid movement causing my ankle to move, and me to wince in pain.

"You're hurt, damn it, did you jump out the window?" he looked back up the window i had just jumped from minutes ago. "How careless can you be? I never ever want to see that again, do you hear me? you are grounded!" he raised his voice at me. "Who do you think you are, my father?" i yelled at him surprising myself, i had never had an outburst like that towards him. He lifted me up in his arms and walked towards the house again.

"Your alpha".

** 

A/N thanks for reading!