Scene 3

Thomas had changed into his best suit of magenta, and paired it with an ornate matching mask. James and Aaron had tried talking Thomas out of going to the party, but he refused. Their only choice now, was to accompany him and make sure he didn't do anything stupid. Thomas was determined to win Maria back, nothing would stop him.

The three men, disguised in fancy suits and masks, successfully infiltrated the Washington estate. Thomas had split from Aaron and James, but his two companions kept a close eye on him. Thomas began to wander the ball and all it's festivities, examining all the women in their elaborate dresses, but none compared to Maria. While wandering, Thomas heard two guests talking, apparently this was Lord Washington's daughter's welcoming ball. She was rumored to be beautiful.

Finally, Thomas caught sight of Maria, and was about to make his way across the crowded room toward her, when the music stopped and so did everyone on the dance floor. Thomas followed everyone's gaze to a young woman descending the staircase. At first glance, Thomas mistook this woman as a goddess. She was dressed in a gorgeous blue gown, like none Thomas had ever seen, and her beautiful hair was twisted into a neat updo. A mask of dark blue graced her face, and Thomas wished it wasn't there, because she was undoubtedly stunning beneath it. Maria had nothing on this woman, nor did any lady in all of Verona. Thomas was captivated at first glance, and he knew he would give anything to be with her.

Thomas watched enviously as the girl was handed off to a man in a flashy green suit to dance with. Music started again, and Thomas couldn't keep his eyes off of her. She was radiating. Wonderful. Enchanting. Disarming.

After what felt like forever, the song ended. Thomas speedily walked over to where the girl was and the man in the green suit. He cut in politely, and the man in green stepped to the side, unhappy. As he should be, any man not dancing with this beautiful woman should be sour.

Thomas led the the girl onto the dance floor, and she gracefully followed the steps to the waltz that played. Thomas was careful not to let it slip that he was a Jefferson, and was surprised when he learned of the maiden's true identity. This girl he had been dancing with, was the Washington's heir, Lady Y/N Washington. Thomas was quick on his feet, not letting his surprise show.

"Well, Y/N, I must tell you," He smiled, "You're the most beautiful woman in this room."

Thomas silently applauded himself when he noticed he had made Y/N blush. She was quick with a witty response that made Thomas chuckle softly.

They continued to spend time dancing, and as they continued to converse, Thomas found himself falling deeper and deeper in love with this girl he had only just met. There was no doubt in Thomas's mind that this girl had been placed on this earth for him. This was the girl he had been waiting his whole life to meet. There was nothing in this earth that Thomas wanted more than Y/N Washington.

Meanwhile, Count Alexander Hamilton fumed in a corner while he watched the man in the flashy magenta suit dance the night away with the girl he would soon marry. That man certainly infuriated Alexander, and it made him curious as to who would steal Lady Y/N away from him. He stopped a servant who was carrying drinks.

"Excuse me, do you know the name of the man in the magenta suit? The one dancing with Lady Y/N?" Alexander asked.

The young boy shook his head. "No sir, but I could find out for you, yes?"

"Yes, that would be very helpful." Alexander nodded, letting the boy scurry off to gather information.

"I've never seen you before. Are you new to Verona, Thomas?" Y/N asked as Thomas twirled her.

Thomas smiled and shook his head. "No. I've lived here my whole life. It's a shame we've never crossed paths before."

"A shame indeed." Y/N agreed. "Verona isn't too large, there must be a reason we've never met before."

"I'm willing to bet that reason is our parents." Thomas pointed out.

Y/N furrowed her eyebrows, and Thomas couldn't help but notice she looked beautiful no matter what facial expression she made. "What does that mean, Thomas?"

"Don't worry about it, darlin'." Thomas assured her. "You'll find out eventually."

Y/N made another face, but didn't question Thomas anymore on the topic. Instead they moved on to other topics, and they were surprised by how much they had in common. Thomas was especially shocked, as they should've been arch enemies.

Alexander's grip tightened around his chalice as he watched Y/N laugh at something the Magenta Man had said. They hadn't stopped dancing for a minute that night, it made Alexander's blood boil. He looked like he was ready to punch someone when the servant boy from before returned.

"Excuse me, sir. I asked around about the man, nobody seems to know who he is. He's not on the guest list, sir." The boy said.

"Really?" Alexander asked, interested. "Thank you for telling me."

The boy nodded, and took his leave. This time, when the music ended, Alexander decided to make an announcement.

"May I have your attention? May I have your attention please?!" Alexander's voice rang out through the chamber as he clinked a knife on his chalice. "It seems we have an unannounced guest in our presence."

The crowd gasped. Thomas gently released Y/N's hand, and took a step in the direction of the exit. Y/N was confused, then realized Thomas must've been the intruder.

"Good sir, in the magenta," Alexander directed his words to Thomas. "Would you be so kind as to tell us your name, sir? I'm afraid it wasn't added to the guest list. A simple mistake, I'm sure."

All eyes were on Thomas. Instead of freezing with a look of guilt as might've been expected, Thomas straightened his poster, and offered the room a charming smile.

"Yes, indeed I believe it was a mistake." Thomas said confidently. "I expect to be invited to the next party. The name you may add is Thomas. Thomas Jefferson."

The crowd gasped in shock, and a few guards began pushing their way through the room to where Thomas stood.

Thomas stopped to take Y/N's hand in his, and placed a kiss to her knuckles. "Lady Y/N, addio."

With that, Thomas disappeared through the nearest window, escaping from the Washington compound with ease.