chapter 17

Chapter 17

Ethan was just sitting there, not moving a muscle, his surrounding were so alien to him now.

He hears some shifting sounds from the other side of the door, he quickly tries to get up but fails miserably.

He wanted to scream at the top of his lungs, the thought of his bride and Derek being together in this room shook him to his core.

His body was so weak, it wasn’t physical pain but emotional, he never felt so helpless in his life. Ethan was alone, and nobody loved him, not his family and his only ray of sunshine was Rachel.

But now she didn’t love him too, instead she cheated on him with his step brother. The realisation of the deed that she committed hit Ethan so hard and all this time he was angry at her,

But instead he was angry at himself for never being enough. His conclusion was that he was so imperfect and had so many flaws that nobody loved him.

For a second he questioned why he was even born?

Ethan finally managed to stand up and then he made his way downstairs, his footsteps were incredibly light so that no one can hear him.

He fell on the floor once he was downstairs unable to carry his weight any longer, but he still couldn’t cry afraid that they will hear him.

He crawled his way to a room and closed the door once he was in. He realised it was the same room where his dad used to play with him and his sister.

How ironic, he couldn’t help but laugh at his situation,

He laughed so hard fully assured that no one can hear him now, until the cruel laughter changed into sobs, which made him so anxious that couldn’t even breathe. But he still managed to laugh at himself and his condition between those heart wrenching sobs.

Ethan realised something at that moment, this was the first time when he actually has cried ever. Anyone can fake some few tears at a funeral, but crying over something is different, it feels like someone is piercing your heart with a sharp needle every micro second.

Why was he even alive? What was his life’s purpose?

Ethan pinched his fingers in his eyes to stop the tears, he took a long breadth. This calmed him a little bit, he did the exact same thing for the next one hour.

He took long breadths again and again until he was too tired to even sit, he made no effort when his body fell on the floor, his right side of the head crashed into the floor.

Ethan kept his eyes open; he couldn’t close them even if he tried to do so. He was sweating so much, his hair was completely wet from the sweat, and his shirt clung to his body.

He undo his buttons and throws away the shirt and curls up in a position in which his knees touched his bare chest. Ethan just lay there, half naked, fully awake, not doing anything.

Five hours later

All night long Ethan was hunted by his past, he saw his father, his little sister, his mother and even Rachel and all of them laughed at him for not being a man for not taking charge of his life.

For not once he closed his eyes, his body was begging for some rest but he refused to take any kind of comfort from anything.  

He was still lost, not sure of what to do next.

Then he couldn’t take it anymore and finally closed his eyes, it was like a moment of awakening… he saw Rachel in his dream.

They weren’t doing anything, just lying in a bed and looking at each other with both of their arms intervened in each other, it was hug but only there was a small distance between their upper bodies.

Ethan wanted to wake up, so badly, it was all a lie, but he just couldn’t do so.

Then Rachel came closer to his face and whispered in his ear,

I will always be your perfect bride.”

Ethan shot up straight from his sleeping position taking short quick breadths, he realised something in that moment.

All these years, he was suppressing his true nature for one person and one person only, and this person was Rachel. But the joy he received, the rush in hurting someone, or the power over someone’s life, which he experienced in this weekend, was something out of this world.

He may have lost a battle to his step brother, Derek. But he was going to win the war, he was quite determined now.

He picked himself up and very slowly managed to stand straight upon his feet. It was still early in the dawn; very few sunrays entered the dark dingy room.  

Ethan flexed his muscles and grabbed his shirt from the floor, he put it back on, he couldn’t believe what kind of emotional wreck he was last night, crying and whimpering like a baby for his mommy who never took care of him.

He felt much more relaxed now, his mind was clear and so was his motive.

Kill Derek and if possible then Rachel too.  

He went to the basement and looked for one particular tool, about which he was sure that he will find down here. His eyes landed on a shiny metal piece and he couldn’t hide his smile when he picks it up.

A sharp axe was in his hand. he tucks it under his belt.

Then he makes his way to his bedroom, still making sure of being as quite as possible. Ethan opens his briefcase and starts throwing away the cloths present in it until the briefcase is completely empty.

The whole room was covered with garments now, lying on the floor in every direction.  Ethan touches the briefcase top and smiles,

Ethan takes out his pocket knife, and starts ripping the top of the briefcase, now he has for what he did all this hard work for,

He admires the semi-automatic pistol in his hand which was completely loaded. And tucks it under his shirt,

 You don’t win a war by knives or an axe, sometimes gun power is essential too. 

way too close to the finale!! please take a moment to vote and comment.