chapter 18

Chapter 18

After having a very peaceful night, Rachel opened her eyes. She was in Derek’s arms, both of them were sleeping on the floor, Derek’s one hand was touching Rachel’s belly which send some tingling sensations to her mind.

Rachel shook off her inner girly feelings, and removed Derek’s hand from herself, he was still sleeping like a baby and she didn’t want to wake him up. She slid away from Derek’s body, and soon started regretting her decision since she felt really safe in those arms.

She massaged the back of her neck before getting up from the floor; it was still early in dawn. Very few sunrays entered from the small window peak left between the curtains, she made her way to the window and gently pushed away the curtains to take a quick peek.

The whole scenery in front of her eyes left her breathless,

The dark clouds were almost gone, so the blue sky laminated the whole forest with soft light, trees tips were purely white but you can make out the part which were green, soft wind was blowing, it looked as if the trees were shaking off the sadness by shedding away their dead leaves and also making space for their new born buds.

You could make out the top of mountains which were present at the very end of forest; they were barely visible due to the heavy mist covering their feet’s but they were too massive to be completely invisible. Wow this place really is beautiful Rachel thought to herself.

A fairytale scene come true perhaps, any couple would have killed to be in this place, it was so romantic, what a wonderful place to celebrate a honeymoon.

Honeymoon’ all these romantic words sounded so bitter to Rachel now. Her dreams of having a perfect wedding, a perfect gown, a perfect honeymoon were now all shattered and lying on the floor in million pieces, and she was too hurt to pick them up now.

She moved away from the window, she picked up a pillow from the bed and made her way to Derek, she tried to gently lift his head with one hand and slid the pillow underneath it, and then she tried to remove her hand after she was done but it was stuck underneath Derek’s head, she sighed heavily but only to find a completely awake Derek smirking at her.

“Hey” Rachel said in a whisper while trying to cover her face with her brunette locks. It was really embarrassing, but she couldn’t let Derek see her completely red face. 

“Hey back” Derek said while making no attempt to lift his head. He was really enjoying this.

“Comfortable enough?” Rachel asked signalling to her stuck hand with her eyes.

“It’s alright, I guess.” Derek replied with a wink.

Astonished by his reaction Rachel jerked her hand back violently, but he was still chuckling like a little boy.

“You are so charming, aren’t you?”

“Oh darling you have seen nothing yet.”