Epilogue

Epilogue 

“Okay so that will be 50 dollars and 25 cents.” Anna smiled at the stranger standing in front of her.

“Do you take cash?” the fellow standing on the other side of the cash register sheepishly asked Anna. “It’s just that I can’t find my credit card…” 

“It’s alright sir, we are basically in the middle of nowhere. To be truthful I actually find it quite shocking when people pull out their credit card here.”  Anna couldn’t help but be a little flirty with the fellow standing in front of her. 

He was around her age, in his middle twenties perhaps. His cloths looked expensive and his physique was quite magnificent to look at. 

“Please don’t call me sir.” The stranger put his elbow on the counter, “you are making me feel old here.” He completed his sentence with a wink. 

Anna was now blushing in his presence, she normally didn’t flirt with customers, and it was against her principles.  But she just couldn’t help herself today; this customer was truly a gentleman. Her attraction towards him was kind of becoming obvious now, and when you are working in a small department store located on the highway… you could understand her frustration too. 

“So what should I call you then?” Anna asked playfully.  

“Ethan, please call me Ethan.” The fellow revealed his name to the beautiful brunette smiling at him; He extended his hand to the girl. 

She was blushing at his every sentence now. Anna tried her best to regain her composure while thinking of a clever reply. 

“Well nice to meet you Ethan, I am Anna.” Anna shook his hand and enjoyed the warmth of his strong hand. 

“I know that already sweetheart.” 

Anna giggled before asking, “What do you mean?” 

“You know sometimes my damn tongue just slips.” Ethan smacked his forehead as if he was talking to himself. 

“I don’t understand…” the confusion was evident on Anna’s face. 

Ethan moved his eyes from the floor and fixed them on the pretty brunette girl, suddenly acknowledging her presence and then he smirked at her before opening his mouth again. 

“You know today is my one year wedding anniversary.” 

Anna took a step back from the counter suddenly feeling a bit terrified from the sudden change of topic. 

“No No don’t do that, it’s pointless you can’t run from me. Let’s just talk okay?”  Ethan threw his arms up in surrender. 

“I think you should leave mister!!” Anna warned him and realized how empty her threat actually sounded. 

“Oh god not again!!” Ethan mumbled to himself. 

“If you leave now, I won’t call the cops.” Anna tried her best to stand her ground. Her whole body was shaking with fear, she wished that she had listened to her mother and should not have taken this job.

Ethan removed his elbow from the counter and took two steps backwards.

“Okay I am leaving, I am leaving but let me just…” 

Ethan throws himself over the counter and takes a hold of Anna’s hair, she tries to run away but the grip is too tight instead she is sucked back to Ethan and then she soon found herself crying from the pain caused by Ethan’s tight grasp on her hair. 

“Shut up bitch!!” Ethan shouts at her and slaps her with his free hand in order to silence her. 

But Anna still continues to struggle; throwing kicks and punches in the air while hoping at least one of them will hit Ethan. Fed up by her petty attempts Ethan tightens his grip on Anna’s hair and yanks her head on the counter twice. 

Soon she found herself losing control of her body, a few droplets of warm blood trickled down on her face. Her legs became wobbly and she felt as if they were made of rubber.

Anna loses her balance and she probably would have fallen down from the impact, if it wasn’t for Ethan’s tight grip on her hair which kept her standing on her feet.

“Yeah that’s right sweetie, try to stand straight.” Ethan jumped on the counter and sat on it with his legs folded while he still had a fistful of Anna’s hair in his one hand, and he stroked her lips with his other hand. He smiled at her before moving his lips closer to her ear and then he whispers in her ear softly.

“So where were we?"

                                               To be continued…