7. The consequences of love

I wake up in the morning, dripping in sweat and a scream escapes my lips. "Nigel", I gasp. My body trembles and big tears are rolling down my cheeks, making my hair wet.

I feel immediately warm hands cupping my face, caressing me softly. My eyes snap open and Nigel is staring at me with worried eyes. "Eva, fuck, what's wrong baby."

When I realize I was having a nightmare, my racing heartbeat starts to steady and my body relaxes. Nigel wipes the tears from my eyes and asks concerned "Are you ok darling?"

"Yes", I whisper, "I'm now". He gives me his irresistible, charming smile and presses a soft kiss on my lips. "Go back to sleep gorgeous". He snakes his arm tightly around my waist and I nestle myself into his strong embrace, resting my head on his manly chest. He slowly rubs my back until he falls asleep again.

While listening to his soft breathing, I keep wondering about what happened this night:.

As usual we were sitting in the back of his club on a raised platform where we have an overview of the dance crowd. I'm finding myself in the middle of his entourage that exists of dangerous men who work for him. Sexy women are serving them drinks and are sitting on their laps, pleasing them whenever they want.

I'm wearing a tight short black dress with a low open back and Nigel holds me very close, whispering naughty things in my ear, making me feel like the most beautiful and sexy woman on earth. He knows that it's hard for me to adapt to his world, but he's very keen on making me feel relaxed and cherished.

Nigel runs this dance club together with his German partner, Darko, a tough man with cold eyes. I'm scared of this creepy guy, he always stares at me like he wants to rip me apart any minute. Not that he would ever have the opportunity to take action because Nigel always keeps a very close eye on me wherever I go. Even when I go to the ladies room, he sends one of his men after me to make sure nothing would happen to me. I gave up fighting against his protectiveness because I know that even the thought that another man would make a move on me drives him crazy. I rather prefer him to be calm than finding him in the middle of a fight where he beats another man almost to death.

"Nigel", I whisper in his ear, "can we go home soon, I want to be alone with you." I run my finger suggestively from his lips to his Adam's apple and further to his broad chest that is partly visible because of the two unbuttoned top buttons. He kisses my lips with desire and gives me a sexy, hungry look, making me shiver.

"Sure gorgeous, let me handle a last thing with Darko and I'm done here". "Perfect", I say, "I'll take my coat, I'll back in a minute." Before he can snap his fingers to one of his men to follow me, I hurry to the cloakroom to pick up my leather jacket.

"Hi Jackie", I say to the older lady who works here for ages and knows every dirty detail about the nightlife in Bucharest. I'm always nice to her because Nigel trusts her and in fact she is the only woman here with who I can have a real conversation. The other girls that work here are besides being only focused on making money and seeing every other woman as a threat, also not very fluent in English.

"Eva", she smiles, "going home already?" "Yes, I could convince Nigel to leave", I say enthusiastically. "I'm sure you could, Nigel would do anything for you, he adores you" she says with a wink. "I have never seen him like this with another woman, you must be very special to him." I'm blushing about her words.

Her friendly expression suddenly changes and I understand immediately why when I turn around to follow her gaze. From the corner of my eyes I see Nigel reaching, threading his way through the mass and looking angry, probably because I ran away from him without bodyguard. "Damn", I say out loud and sigh, knowing an embarrassing scene will follow.