III. Hoppy & the I-have-never-been-more-devastated/Dad-is-going-to-kill-me mood

Chapter 3: Hoppy and the I-have-never-been-more-devastated/Dad-is-going-to-kill-me mood

A/N: Hey y'all! So because this takes place in fifth year, Aerin and I really had to debate about whether or not we were tossing Umbridge in here or not. In the end, we opted for the prior but instead of crazy-usual-Betsy deVos Umbridge, we're doing A Very Potter Sequel's Umbridge!!! I highly suggest watching AVPS if you haven't already. It can stand alone but it is a sequel (like said in the name) so I highly suggest watching A Very Potter Musical first so you understand all the stupid yet hilarious inside jokes. Okay, that's all I have to say, please enjoy the chapter!!!

HUFFLEPUFF?! Do you have any clue what my family does with Hufflepuffs?!

No? Neither do I! There's never been a Hufflepuff in our family before! It's always been Gryffindor! Which, of course, clashes with the Irish green and makes us look like Christmas trees, but it goes pretty well with our Scottish blue.

But Hufflepuff?! I couldn't bear the shame. Dad was going to be so upset... It physically made me sick to think about, to not be in the house of everyone before me. Being in Pukwudgie at Ilvermorny had made so much sense and the red and gold had been so comforting. But now all I had was yellow and black, two very stark colors I would never get along with.

Ali's name was called but I paid no attention to the conversation she held with the sorting hat, but instead with what it yelled.

"SLYTHERIN," rang across the hall and I looked up in surprise. I was sure Ali would get Gryffindor and I would be misplaced. We would lose our short friendship because who would want anything to do with a Hufflepuff? But this didn't seem to be the case. I watched her walk over to the Slytherin table, smiling slightly, showing that I felt the same.

The Hufflepuffs beside me were animated and talkative as the feast began, all eating very happily. A brunette beside me grinned welcomingly.

"I'm Hannah. Hannah Abbott." the brunette spoke. "Welcome to Hufflepuff."

I grunted, looking down at my pretty empty plate.

"What year are you in?" Hannah asked.

I looked up, not wanting to be rude. "I'll be in fifth. You?"

She grinned. "I'm a fifth year too! I'm so excited we'll be dorming together!"

I nodded my head, smiling slightly.

She frowned but didn't push the conversation further, which I was grateful for.

I was absolutely and utterly humiliated. I had been so, so sure that I'd be a Gryffindor and had even voiced it on the train. How was I ever going to face Ginny, Harry, or Neville ever again?

Dinner finished up but not without words from Dumbledore. He took to the podium after the sorting ceremony concluded and smiled kindly. "Good evening students. To our newcomers, We are excited to welcome our you to our beloved school. To our old hands, welcome back! As a reminder, and a warning,, the Forbidden Forest is off limits and the Whomping Willow is not something to be messed with. Certain corridors are being cleaned as of this moment so please be careful while making way to your dorms." He smiled again, "In an update on faculty, our groundskeeper Rubeus Hagrid is out momentarily and Professor Grubbly-PLank will be teaching the Magical Creatures course in his place until his return. We are proud to welcome back our professors, and happy to introduce your new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher. The ministry has decided that the teachings at Hogwarts have gone a little... astray... recently and have sent your new professor, Miss Dolores Umbridge to evaluate and report all of the happenings back at school. Now please, give Ms. Umbridge a Hogwarts welcome."