XI. Hoppy and the Huff-le-puff Common Room

11. Hoppy and the Huff-le-puff Common Room

My first class was divination, next was Astronomy, and afterwards was herbology.

I took my time packing up my stuff after divination, stopping to talk to some of the plants and water them to make sure they grew. I'm not much of a plant person but they're cute when they're magical so it's all okay. I was joined by someone but I was still talking to the plant so I didn't cut myself off yet.

I someone nose exhale and looked to see Hannah standing there.

"The hell are you doing?" she asked with a smirk on her face.

I chuckled. "I just like talking to the plants and encouraging them to grow."

Hannah tilted her head to the side. "A bunch of us fifth years are hanging out in the common room until lunch if you want to join us."

With a shrug as my answer, Hannah pulled me around the greenhouse.

"I just have to get some plants first, would you mind helping me cut them?"

I shrugged and grabbed a pair of snippers, following Hannah to a bunch of potted plants in the back of the greenhouse. She smirked at me as we snipped away at all of the plants, which I didn't recognize as anything magical, and didn't pay much mind to it. Hannah charmed the plants to regrow from the snipped stems and we began the walk back to the castle.

I followed Hannah back to the castle. I walked back with awe, never having seen the castle in such beautiful views. It was dark when Ali and I rode the boats across the lake and I haven't been outside the castle since then. It looks absolutely gorgeous in the daylight and I was just completely awestruck.

Hannah chuckled at me. "That was my reaction too. C'mon, the others are probably waiting."
But I didn't want to forget this moment. I was seeing the castle for the first time in broad daylight and it was absolutely gorgeous. After another minute of standing around, Hannah grabbed my arm and pulled me back up to the castle where we headed back down to the basement and our dormitory.

I didn't think anything of it as Hannah stashed the snipped leaves in a bag under her bed and we sat around with the other fifth years, complaining about teachers and school work. Most of the conversation was focused on Umbridge and her excessive use of force and yelling during her classes, and most of the rest was based on Trelawny and Divination which was useless to everyone unless you were Lavender Brown or Parvati Patil.

Lunch rolled around and I skipped off to it, the rest of the Hufflepuffs remaining in their seats. I shrugged it off and decided to make friends with other students in my house and if that didn't work out, I'd sit with Ali or the Gryffindors.

Entering the Great Hall, I looked around and found no one I my age or older than me at the Hufflepuff table so instead, I walked myself toward the Slytherin table. Ali was nowhere to be found and I didn't feel like dealing with Malfoy or the other Slytherin fifth years so I turned around and walked my way to the other end of the hall, finding a seat next to Hermione and across from Ron and Harry.

"Hey guys," I grinned and plopped down next to them.

"Hey Hoppy," the boys chimed. Hermione was nose-deep in a book and just grunted. I grabbed a plate and took some food, digging in. "What's she reading?" I mouthed to the boys and they both shrugged so I leaned forward to check the cover of the book. It was the DADA textbook, and I figured Hermione was reading it only to find flaws in the way the Ministry wanted to teach at Hogwarts.