Bumblebee

So pretty much, Tessa Yeager doesn't exist. Malia is Cade's daughter (same story line though. Teenage pregnancy, mother dies, Cade and Malia are really close and he's super overprotective). Cade's still an inventor, but he also has an auto repair shop to help stabilize the finances a bit, and they found out about the transformers through Bumblebee, not Optimus. Hope you like it!

*

Malia remembers the day she got Bumblebee. It was the same day she, after months of struggle and failure, had finally passed her driver's test. Cade, who had wanted Malia to have at least a little bit of freedom, went car shopping without her knowledge, and the instant he saw that car he knew. That was the one for her. He bought it and held onto it until the day she came running into the garage, clutching the piece of paper that declared her road worthy. She screamed when she saw it – not because it was a really crappy 1967 Chevrolet Camaro with chipped off yellow paint and two black stripes down the middle, but because this 1967 Chevrolet Camaro, crappy or not, was her very first car. It didn't take her long to realize that this piece of crap was actually not so crappy, more so special in an outer-space-robotic-alien-that-can-transform kinda way. One run in with a particularly tiny, but dangerous, Decepticon was all it took for the secret to come out. There was allot of screaming and allot of freaking out (mainly from her father) but eventually, they came to the conclusion that Bumblebee liked having Malia as his owner and Malia liked having Bumblebee for her car. So they kept him, and Malia's been grateful to her dad ever since.

She's even more grateful to her dad now because that piece-of-shit-robotic-alien car is the reason she's currently driving with the one and only Stiles Stilinski in her passenger seat.

Malia had liked Stiles since he moved to Texas a year and a half ago. He was from the suburbs and unlike any other boy in her town. He was sweet and kind and she was completely infatuated with him. They were friends, not close, but close enough for him to accept her friend request on Facebook. That should've been enough gateway for her, but sadly Stiles was extremely unobservant and horrible at picking up signs, so the entire situation just felt like one big one-sided flirt cringe fest.

They now sat in complete silence in Malia's slightly special piece-of-shit car as she drove them to her father's garage where Stiles' own piece-of-shit car was being repaired. (This was another thing she would forever be grateful for Cade for. Having one of the few good auto-repair shops in town, providing opportunity her to get an inbox from Stiles asking if her dad could fix his Jeep ((he also asked if she could give him a ride after school so he could fetch it [!!!]))).

Neither of them spoke and neither of them moved to switch on the radio. It was a shared silence that was getting more and more uncomfortable by the second. Malia tried to think of conversation, but everything just sounded ridiculous, and every time she tried to talk she'd stop herself because the nerves were too much. She was scared she would embarrass herself or embarrass him or say something that would come off really offensive or say anything, really, that just made her look stupid. So she didn't say anything, and he didn't say anything, and everything was quiet, save for the rumble of Bumblebee's engine. Malia figured she could handle it. She could handle driving him to the garage and nothing happening. As long as she got these few moments with him, she could handle the awkward silence.

And then she had to stop at a red light.

And the light wouldn't change.