Stiles

(once again dedicated to @luckyHELPful because she helped me come up with this one as well. love you boo.)

*

Malia Yeager likes Stiles Stilinski, and the twist of it all is that he likes her too. But sadly, in the curse that is her life, Malia's dad, Cade does not approve of her dating. Anyone. Period. At first, she tries to respect this because Malia respects her father. After everything they've been through, after everything he's done for her, the least she can do is respect his wishes for her not to date in high school. But then Stiles smiles at her, or touches her arm longer than he should, or looks a little too deeply into her eyes, and it's almost impossible for her to contain herself. No matter how much she denies it, Malia wants nothing more than to be with Stiles. And she hates that she has to go against her father to do so.

They decide to date in secret. It's not ideal, and it's not how they want to start a relationship, but it is the only way they can be together in the way they want to be, craves to be, needs to be. And it's hard at first because their schedules do not allow them to see each other during the day. Stiles is a tutor on the weekends and when Malia's not in school she's at the repair shop.

So, they meet at night. Malia has to transform herself into a Russian stealth spy in order to get past Cade's damn robotic guard dog and other security alarms, but somehow she always manages to find her way to him. They meet in a field not that far from where she lives, and they spend the next hour or two or three, laying under the stars on a blanket with Bumblebee playing old school romantic songs in the background. And it is perfect.

One day, when they are laying down, and Stiles has his arm around her and Malia is resting her head against his chest, Stiles, the ever old school soul that he is, confesses something to her. "I wish it wasn't like this," he says. "Don't get me wrong. I love this, being here with you. But –"

"But you just wish we didn't have to sneak around." Malia bites her lip.

Stiles shakes his head. "It's not even that, either. It's just... I don't know. I'd like to have his approval. I'd like to know I'm good enough for you."

Malia looks up at him and fists his shirt in her hands. "You are. You don't need his approval to know that."

Stiles smiles instead of saying anything further. He leans forward and presses a kiss to her forehead, light and sweet. Malia closes her eyes as she takes it all in. Their time together like this is so blissful, so worth the lack of sleep, so worth the guilt, and it is when conversations like this arise that she has remind herself of that. There are very few people Malia would disobey Cade for. She knows Stiles is worth it, knows he is good enough. But deep down, she'd like to know her father thinks so, too.

*

"So what's so special about this Stiles guy that has you disobeying Cade?"

As it turns out, Malia is not very good at hiding things (she blames it on the fact that up until this point, she told Cade pretty much everything). Lucas knows about her meeting with Stiles, and he has made no effort to keep it a secret. She doesn't know how he found out, she honestly doesn't care, all she knows is that him knowing can only mean trouble.

Malia shakes her head. "It's not like that," she says and shifts in her seat. She doesn't want to talk about this, not now, not here in the house. Cade is out in the barn working on his inventions, and it's a risk she would rather not take.