" william, william nylander "

› After placing her order, Astra reaches towards the counter to take her large coffee, something she can't start her day without

                 › After placing her order, Astra reaches towards the counter to take her large coffee, something she can't start her day without. Ever since being exposed to coffee as a young teenager, Astra was addicted to the caffeine so much that she had to drink three large coffee's a day to be able to function properly.

She held the drink in one hand and her phone in the other. The cafe wasn't as busy as it usually was so she decided to finish her college essay that was due the next day. Astra walked past some people and found the perfect spot to sit in. She placed her bag on the chair and sat down on the comfortable, white chair that was on the opposite side of the grey table.

Astra set up her computer and opened the document she was working on. Before she started to write, she took a sip from her coffee only to realize that she forgot to put sugar. She let out a sigh then grabbed her cup and walked towards the mixing station.

She quickly took two packets of sugar and mixed them into her drink. Astra drank a bit of the coffee to make sure it was how she wanted it to be and once she was satisfied she started walking back to the area she was sitting at.

The door swung open and before Astra noticed, the guys walked straight into her sending the coffee she was holding all over her favorite sweater.

"Dude, I'll call you back." The boy said and quickly hung up his phone then placed it into his pocket. "I am so sorry, here let me help get rid of the stain."

William ran to grab napkins and started wiping the coffee off of Astra, but she quickly spoke up, "You ruined my sweater! The stain isn't gonna come off."

William sighed, "I am so sorry, here let me make it up to you by getting you another drink, what were you having?"

"You can make it up to be by getting me a new sweater. Size medium, it's from Urban Outfitters and it cost a shit ton of money. Money that I don't have." Astra furiously said then took more napkins to clean the mess on the floor.

She noticed William bending down to help her clean the floor so that the workers wouldn't have to worry about it. Astra stood up and threw the napkins away then without saying a word to William, she walked back to where her stuff was. William got up from the ground and stood in line to place his order. When his turn came up he told the barista his drink.

"By any chance, do you happen to know what the girl was drinking? The one sitting in the back? Also, do you know her name?" He asked as he pointed towards Astra's direction.

The barista looked at William, "Yeah it was a black coffee and she always adds sugar in it. Her name is Astra."

"Can you add that to my order please? Oh and a chocolate croissant." William smiled and handed her the money for the drink then stepped aside and waited for the both of their drinks to be ready.

Astra took off her sweater leaving her in a long sleeve, black shirt and she neatly folded her sweater then placed it on top of her bag.

She sat in her seat and tapped the table with her nails, still annoyed with what happened. She rolled her eyes and tried to focus on her essay, but all she could think about was how her hundred dollar sweater was destroyed all because of some stupid boy that was on his phone.

Once the barista placed everything on the counter, William took the drinks and the snack and walked towards Astra.

"Astra?" He said and she raised her head up then rolled her eyes when she saw it was him, "Hey, I know you're not my biggest fan right now, but I was hoping that this could make up for it." He said and placed the coffee and croissant down on the table.

She eyed him conspicuously, then carefully opened opened the bag the croissant was in.

"How do you know my name? And how do you know what I like to drink, let alone eat?" She asked him.

William furrowed his brows, "Wait you like that croissant? I didn't know that, I just thought you'd want something to eat."

Astra nodded her head and she mumbled a 'thank you' then started to drink her coffee so that she could focus on finishing the essay in front of her.

William still stood by the table and Astra realized that he wasn't going away any time soon so she closed the lid of her computer and turned to look at him.

Astra motioned for him to sit and so he did. William neatly took her bag and sweater off of the chair and handed it to her. She put her bag on the ground and the sweater on top so it wouldn't touch the floors.

"Since you know my name, it's only fair you tell me yours." She said with a small smile.

He took a sip of his drink and swallowed it before answering, "William, William Nylander."