Chapter 26: Fireflies & Forgetting About Carter

This chapters song 😁

Song: Car Radio

By: TØP (They are life😍)

Nuh-uh! I'm not stupid like the people in horror movies!

But I don't wanna stay here! Ugh what should I do!? I could get murdered here...but I also could get murdered here.

Out here in the open the murderer can chase me and see where I'm going. But in the woods I have a better chance of running away.

Maybe I should go in the woods...

But what if Jordan comes back? What if I get lost in the woods?

Whatever. I'm going in the woods. It's probably the best thing to do in this situation.

But what if it isn't? Thank you brain! But I really don't want you to talk right now. Okay? Okay.

I start walking down the little hill and into the woods. This is the only place Jordan could've went.

"Jordan!?" I yell, okay. Maybe yelling isn't the best thing to do right now but oh well.

Someone grabs my hand and I scream. "Sky! Shut up!" They yell, I look closer at the person and let out a breath I didn't know I was.

"Oh Jordan..." I say letting out a sigh. But then I remember him leaving me. I slap his shoulder. "How dare you leave me alone! Where did you go!? Why did you leave me alone!?" I whisper yell,

"Well I thought you were behind me...then I realized you weren't so I came back for you." He says,

"Wowww I feel so loved! How did you realize I wasn't there?" I ask almost laughing at his stupidity.

"Well I was talking, turns out I was talking to no one." He starts, I look at him questionably. "I was talking...well I thought I was talking to you." He says,

"Oh." I say, "Yeah. I thought you were just being quiet or something. So I turn around and realize I was talking to nobody so I came back and got you...well found you." He says,

"I can't believe you left me there all alone!" I say, he grabs my hand and starts walking around trees and ducking at the branches. I follow his movements.

Then he stops and I run into his back. "We're here." He says, I move to his right so I could see what he sees. "Wow...." I say,

It was beautiful. It was a big field of grass with fireflies flying everywhere. Jordan starts running in the tall grass. "Well what are you waiting for? Come on." He says,

I smile and start running with him. More fireflies would come out of the grass with each step we took.

It was the most fun I had in forever. I see Jordan sit on the ground so I sit next to him. "How did you find this place?" I ask smiling the biggest smile I think I've ever had.

"I was walking one day to get everything off of my mind and I found this place. It's where I go to be alone. Only me and you have been here." He says picking up grass and playing with it.

"Well I'm honored to be the first person you bring here." I say, he smiles at me. "So...why did you pick me to be the first person you bring here?" I ask,

"Because I just felt like it would be a good place for us to talk and get to know each other." He says, "Get to know each other?" I ask,

"Yeah because this is a date." He says, "Wait...but you said that-" I start but he cuts me off. "I know what I said. I lied. This was a date. I just knew that if I said it was a date you wouldn't come with me." He says,

I shrug. "I mean you're not wrong." I say, he smirks at me. "See. So I just had to take you on a date with out telling you." He says, I roll my eyes.

"But if I didn't know it was a date than how is it a date?" I ask, "I don't know." He says looking down but then he gets up and pulls me up with him.

"Will you Skylar Alfaro go on a date with me?" He asks, I sigh. Well we already went on a date so...what the heck? "I'd love to go on a date with you." I say, he smiles at me.

"Really? I thought you'd say no. But anyways. Now it's a date." He says, I smile at him. I swear brain if this is all a dream I will kill you. Did I seriously just say I was gonna kill my own brain?

Yes. Yes I did....even though if I did I'd be brain dead. But it's whatever.

But if this is a dream I will cry for days...if it's a dream then I'm gonna just live like it's my last day on earth. I'm gonna live in the moment.

"Jordan do you like me?" I ask, he gives me a weird look. "Ummm yeah. I like you. Why would I ask you out on a date if I didn't?" He asks, "Good point." I say, laughing nervously.

"Sky would you like to be m-" I cut him off. "Jordan, what time is it?" He sighs and looks at his watch. "10 o'clock. Why?" He asks,

"I'm supposed to be home tonight! And you didn't let me tell Carter I was leaving!" I say,

"Oh shit and I left my phone." He says, we run as fast as we could out of the field and through the woods. When we finally got to the truck out of breath we start speeding home.

"How far away are we from home?" I ask, did I just call my dad's house home. And did I seriously call that dude my dad.

Am I changing? I can't be. He's not my dad! I don't have a dad! He's only my dad by DNA not by heart! A man could never do what he did to me and still be my dad! That man is cruel!

You're cruel.

I know I am.

Okay so I just wanted...
*crys*
They're all grown up!
*whips tears*
I just...I just can't believe all this is finally happening.
I mean Sky and Jordan are growing up! And we are already on chapter 26!
Can you believe it!!!???
Because I can't!
*crys more*
Sky and Jordan are getting feelings
For each other and it's just beautiful!
Am I right?! Or am I right!?
Anyways I'll let y'all continue with you're lives.
Bye my fellow unicorn friends!