Practicing

"I'm not really in the mood for practicing vocals," Hyungwon mumbled as he pulled his large hoodie back on.

Wonho chuckled at how someone so small wore such big clothes. "Come on, if you want to debut, you need to work harder."

Hyungwon flashed him a hurt look as he pulled up the hood of his jacket to hide himself. "Are you telling me I can't sing?"

Wonho shook his head. Hyungwon was just tired. They all were. It was 2 A.M. and they just finished practicing for their first mission. It was a solo performance, but everyone stayed late to work. Now, Hyungwon and Wonho were the only ones left.

Wonho opened his arms, motioning for the taller boy to come closer. Hyungwon grumpily walked over and allowed Wonho to hug him. He inhaled the elder's scent. He rested his head on Wonho's shoulder.

"Your voice is beautiful to me," Wonho whispered. "I promised I'd protect you, okay? We are going to work really hard to make sure we're always together."

"What about yourself?" Hyungwon glanced over.

Wonho pulled him closer. "Just trust me, okay?"

They spent another hour practicing Hyungwon's chosen vocal song "No Diggity".

"You're doing really good," Wonho quietly praised him.

Through that hour, he learned how much Hyungwon adored being praised. He seemed to work harder the more Wonho told him he was doing well. He would always give him a soft smile and tell him what he was doing wrong, but quickly praised him afterwards.

"I can't do it, I'm not going to make it," Hyungwon threw the papers of lyrics and notes on the floor and stood up.

"Hey," Wonho walked over. "You're going just fine," he spoke softly.

A soft sob escaped Hyungwon's mouth. "I don't belong here. Everyone's so much better. I should just go back to modeling."

Wonho tried to reach over to put an arm around him, but the younger just moved away.

"I especially don't need you to pity me."

Wonho shook his head. "You're just tired. It's 4 AM, you're sleep deprived. Let's get back to the dorm. I won't bother you anymore."

Hyungwon quickly tugged at the elder's arm, forcing it around his own waist. "Shut up."

The walk to the dorm was quiet, it was peaceful and they both really appreciated it. They found themselves slipping into the dorm and into their shared room with Jooheon and Gunhee.

"They are asleep, come sleep with me," Hyungwon whined, pulling Wonho's arm.

Wonho obeyed after changing into shorts and a t-shirt. Hyungwon just slept in the same hoodie and sweatpants.

Wonho pulled him close to his chest, silently appreciating the moment. He found comfort in the fact that he met beautiful and shy Hyungwon. He made Wonho appreciate small things. He was awkward and quiet, but he excelled in dancing, and Hoseok loved listening to him sing. He wasn't super talented like Kihyun, but his low voice was relaxing and even dare he say sexy.

"Wonho?"

"Go to sleep, stop talking."

"Thank you."

- - - - -
Author's note:
So this fic is gonna be a lot of fluff bc im emo