Working Together

A/n: im sorry i didnt edit this.

Hyungwon quietly flipped through tracks. "This one?" He suggested.

A quiet ballad played through his phone. Hoseok shook his head, leaning back against the wall of the practice room.

"Something that will make sure neither of us leave, okay? You're voice is low and sexy, so lets use that to our advantage."

Am I supposed to ignore the fact that you just said sexy?

Hyungwon nodded slowly and sat down on the floor next to Hoseok. "Then, what were you thinking?"

"I'm not sure. Your first mission was in English, so what if we did this one in English too? You're pretty good at pronouncing it, so I think we could use that to our advantage. Plus, I doubt anyone else will do anything in English," Hoseok placed his hand on Hyungwon's thigh, causing the younger to shiver. He smiled apologetically.

"I wouldn't bet on that."

Hyungwon thought back to all the pairs. No one hinted on what their song choices were, so anything was a go. The rappers weren't a big competition. More than anything the show wanted the vocalist to compete against other vocalist, although for this mission Hoseok was his biggest competitor.

One person in each pair was to be sent to risk elimination. It meant that one of them could go home; it sent an uncomfortable feeling in Hyungwon's stomach. If he wasn't better than Hoseok, he could get kicked off. On the contrary, if he was better, he could lose Hoseok.

Pushing the thought away, he looked at Hoseok. Despite being in sweatpants and a hoodie, Hoseok looked flawless; his jawline was sharp and his face was clear of any blemishes. His black hair was pushed away from his face.

"Hyungwon?" He said, pulling the said male out of his thoughts. "I was talking."

"Sorry. Go on."

He watched the way Hoseok's pink lips moved. They were slightly chapped and unmoist; Hyungwon unconciously lipped his own lips.

"What I was saying is that I found a song. It has room for a dance break, so I think it's perfect. It'll show off our abilites and I think we can get it in sync," he squeezed Hyungwons thigh. "Stop worrying so much. We can make it through."

Hyungwon nodded, looking back into Hoseok's warm eyes. "What's the song?"

"I thought you'd never ask."

Hoseok reached for Hyungwon's phone and typed something. After a few seconds, a song started to play.

The lyrics were completely in English, but it did have a nice vibe. Hyungwon could already picture dance moves in his head. There was enough room for a small dance break like Hoseok promised. It was perfect.

He hoped it was enough to keep them on the show.

Like a psychic, Hoseok spoke, "It'll be fine. We will both be here for the next mission. Maybe we will even be together again." He flashed one of his blinding smiles. "Come on, if you agree, let's get distributions out then, huh?"

Hyungwon smiled softly. "Yeah."

-

The choreography wasn't easy. The vocal teacher constatly critiqued them. Hyungwon saw the looks from other trainees when they revealed their song choice. All the doubts and fears flooded back in his head the day of the performance.

Hyungwon stood in the practice room, staring at his own frame. He wasn't exceptionally good looking. There was no reason to keep him on the show.

Hoseok approached him from behind and wrapped his arms around his waist. "Hyungwon? We perform in a few hours. You should be resting."

He should have been resting, but instead he was staring at himself in the mirror. Hoseok looked good like this, arms flexed and around Hyungwon's waist and pressed against his back. It felt so warm, and Hyungwon leaned back.

"What if we don't make it?"

"Then, we don't make it. It's my last chance at being an idol, so I guess I'll get a job back at home. I'll pay my mom back for everything. You can keep trying, you're still young. Your parents haven't given up everything for you."

Hyungwon placed his hands over Hoseok's. "Do you think we won't make it?"

Hoseok gripped on him tighter. "I want you to stop worrying."

"You want me to stand here and do nothing?" Hyungwon asked.

"I want you to understand that I want you to debut, and I'll do anything to make sure you do. Stop being nervous, and turn around for me."

Slowly, Hyungwon turned around, and Hoseok settled his hands back on Hyungwon's hips. Their faces were only cenimeters apart; Hyungwon could see his eyelashes. He looked even better up close.

"You're so pretty, Hyungwon. The judges don't even see how beautiful you are, but I do. I see your pretty eyes and lips. I see your long legs and small frame, but you're perfect all the same."

"C-can I-"

Without warning, Hoseok crashed his lips against Hyungwon's. The younger wrapped his arms around Hoseok's neck, but Hoseok soon pulled away.

"So pretty, and you're all mine, hm?"

Hyungwon slowly nodded, dazed.

Hoseok just kissed me. Hoseok just kissed me. Hoseok just-

Hoseok continued. "You're going to do so well on stage tonight, and then we will both go back to the dorms and I'll let you sleep in my bed. Then, tomorrow we will prepare for the next mission, hm? Then in a few weeks we will debut together and live in the same room. You can sleep in my bed every night then, and no one will care."

Hyungwon rested his forehead against Hoseok's. "Promise?"

"I'll do everything in my power to make it come true. Let's go eat lunch before we practice on stage. The real thing is soon." He patted Hyungwon's hip.

Together, they walked back to the dorms and quietly ate the lunch Kihyun made. Kihyun eyed the pair.

"You think you'll make it through?" He asked, genuinely curious.

"You think you'll make it through?" Hyungwon snapped back.

Kihyun was nice enough, but he was conceeded. He did have a bit of a right to be so though because the judges liked him best. The vocal teacher constantly told everyone to be more like Kihyun, and the judges placed him with a low number. He had it all. His voice was pretty, very ballad like, and he had a pretty face. Paired with it all, he wasn't a bad dancer. Regardless, Hyungwon wasn't close to him.

"I do actually."

Hoseok rolled his eyes. "Okay, okay. Shownu will probably be up for elimination, but don't get full of yourself. The judges are biased anyways."

"Yeah, Wonho I think you'll be up for elimination too."

"It's Hoseok. Stop calling everyone by their stage names at home," Hoseok corrected him before taking another bite of rice.

"Whatever."

Hyungwon truthfully wanted to punch him, but he decided to leave it for another day. He quietly finished eating.

On his way out of the dorms, Kihyun placed a hand on his shoulder.

"I'm sure you'll do just fine, Hyungwon. You won't be leaving tonight."

Hyungwon forced a smile. "It's not me I'm worried about."

A/n: breaking this into 2 chapters bc i gotta rewatch no mercy real quick
Thank you for the patience and support. I promise I'll do better.