Half an Hour Alone

Fifteen minutes to check a room was not good. Lily still has many, much bigger rooms to search through, but if she didn't check thoroughly, then she could possibly skip right past Jake and Reece. Her parent's room is much bigger than hers and the study is even bigger.
    Lily then went to the next smallest room she could think of, the bathroom. There weren't very many places for the two fiver year olds to hide. At least no where obvious. The bathroom was checked over in less then ten minutes.
    She traveled farther down the hallway before coming to an abrupt stop. The phone downstairs began ringing. If she left, her brothers could change their hiding place, but if she didn't and it was her mother, then she would have a reason to come home sooner. Quickly, Lily made the decision to slide down the stairs as quietly and quickly as possible. "Hello?" She answered the phone on the last ring.
"Hey sweetie. How's it goin?" Kate worriedly asked.
"Everything's fine mom," she tried not to sound stressed.
"Really?" she asked skeptically. "Is Jake and Reece behaving?" Lily peeked her head up stairs.
"Uh, yeah. They are perfect," she said not paying attention at all to the conversation.
"Jake and Reece? Are we talking about the same kids?"
"Uh yeah. Two little five year olds. Brown hair, blue eyes. Usually really annoying."
"I'm impressed. Maybe we should leave you in charge more often."
"That's what I've been telling you!" Lily heard her father shout from through the phone.
"Can I speak to them?"
"No!" She said a little too quickly.
"No? Why not?"
"They are taking a bath and won't let me in," she quickly lied.
"Oh, okay," Kate did not seem convinced.
"Hang up!" Rick could be heard once again and snatched the phone from his wife, said I love you and hung up. As soon as he hung up, Lily ran upstairs to continue her search.
"Jake! Reece!" She yelled upon entering Castle and Beckett's bedroom. Under the bed. They weren't there. In both closets. They weren't there. Under her mother's makeup desk. Nope. She blew a strand of hair out of her face before proceeding to her parent's bathroom. "Guys! C'mon! I don't want to look anymore." Suddenly, Lily got he wonderful idea to blast Mz. Hyde by Halestorm. The twins could usually tolerate the hard rock she was constantly blasting, but a female screaming heavy metal was most definitely not their favorite type of music. She would be surprised if they didn't come out from their hiding place, complaining about her "horrible" music. She stood in the middle of the hallway with the volume turned to where every room in the house could hear it. Lily even connected her speakers to it. Nothing happened as the song concluded. She began pacing back and forth along the hallway, scrolling through her music. "Which song is the screamiest!" The twelve year old yelled out loud. "Five Finger Death Punch or In Flames? Maybe All That Remains! Avatar or Bullet for My Valentine? How about Gemini Syndrome? Or maybe System of a Down! I Prevail! Oh Korn!" Lily continued her list of metal and hard rock songs, trying to decide which one would be best to bother her little brothers.