An Hour Alone

"I could always put on Parkway Drive!" Lily continued on and on. She put on Emperor's New Clothes by Panic! At The Disco. It wasn't the most screamie song she could fine, but this was her new approach, playing a song her brothers might actually like. After that didn't work, she put her favorite playlist on shuffle after moving downstairs and placing the speakers on the kitchen table. As she moved to the study, Human Race by Three Days Grace played. Another great song that both her brothers and her love.

"Jakey! Reese Peanut Butter Cup!" She made sure to use the painfully irritating names that Jake and Reece despised this time when calling them. She quietly listened for a moment, but nothing showed that they even heard her. "C'mon guys! Mom and dad are gonna be home in like an hour! I'm sure you guys are hungry! And you need to take baths!" She yelled once again. After checking the study, she went back upstairs once again to check Alexis' and Martha's rooms. Lily made sure she could still hear the music. If she was going to stress herself out, she was going to at least listen to her favorite music. The twelve year old never really entered Lexis' room without her there. "Reece!" Lily figured she would attempt to find the better behaved brother first. She was running out of time. She was no longer thoroughly searching the different rooms, but quickly running around and checking basic places. She left Alexis' bedroom and ran down the hallway to Martha's mature, actress themed bedroom. As she entered the grand, red room, she paused in front of her grandmother's mirror. Lily's hair was a complete and utter mess. Fly aways everywhere. Her hair a nasty kind of wavy, knotty mess. She had begun to get small bags below her eyes. At that moment, she realized just how tired she really was and made a decision to never have kids, especially little boys. Snatching the light blue hair tie from around her wrist, she put her hair up in a high ponytail then continued her manhunt. She finished searching Martha's private bathroom when she heard a crash from downstairs. As she reached the railing bordering the second floor of the loft, Lily looked down to see Reece sitting on the floor in the kitchen below the sink. The cabinet that covers the pipes was usually empty. She didn't realize there was enough space for her five year old little brother to hide in it. He was covering his ears and screaming. Her female instincts kicked in as her older sister instincts left her. "Reece! Did your stupid self get her?" Older sister was back.
    "Turn off the stupid music!" He screamed. She smiled and rolled her eyes. One Direction began playing.
    "Haha! I forgot that I had a few 1D songs on that playlist!" She tightened her ponytail before running downstairs once again to pick up her brother. As she got closer, she heard snickering soon turn to laughter from the cabinet beside where Reece was hiding. "C'mon Jake," he took her hand and followed her without hesitation. She was too shocked to say anything. "Bath time!" She placed them in their room to retrieve their pajamas. "One question..." she trailed off. "Since when do you guys listen to me? I just spent an hour trying to find you two and you were in the kitchen. In an obvious hiding place too!" They then bowed down to her. Standing up, they smiled up at their older sister.
    "We fell asleep after like twenty minutes," Reece started.
    "So not only did you find us, you woke us up..."
    "And found us using a very effective strategy..."
    "Playing a really bad song that would wake us up..."
    "All hail Princess Lily," they laughed in unison. "The Princess of hide and seek!" Lily raised an eyebrow at them as they entered the bubbly tub.
    "Oh, and who is the queen?" She challenged.
   "Either mommy..."
   "Or Lexis." They finished each other's sentences.
    "True," Lily thought of the time when she was really young and Alexis and her mom could find her I'm half the time it took her to find Jake and Reece.
    "I'm going to make popcorn for us so we can watch a movie. Don't drown!" She called over her shoulder.
    "Don't burn the loft down!" The five year olds called after her.
    "I will!" She joked.