Chapter 40

"I'll be back." I heard the voice say.

I honestly felt like they were going to hear my heart beating in my chest. I was trying to control my breathing and to stay as calm as I could.

We waited a few seconds in silence. Dinah wasn't moving at all. Fortunately for her, I was never really heavy.

"Take a few steps back from the door." The voice said and I felt Dinah's body move.

Since I couldn't see anything because of the bag covering my face, I didn't really know what was happening. However, I knew that the big doors were opening.

"Miss Hansen! What a surprise!" I heard a masculine voice. I couldn't recognize it, it was the first time I was hearing it.

"An unexpected surprise, indeed." I heard a different voice. "Since you were the reason why a few students escaped these walls."

Dinah helped Lauren, Marisa and Davina escaped last time they were in there. I had no idea what my friend was going to answer to this.

"I did what you asked me to do, sir." Dinah firmly responded. "I didn't want to blow my cover."

"How dare you show yourself here." The same voice said, louder.

"Elijah." The first voice firmly said.

"Number 65 and 66 were always your priorities, weren't they?" Dinah said. "I convinced number 65 to come to you and number 66 is unconscious in my arms."

"Is that right?" The voice asked.

"Yes, sir." The taller girl quickly answered. "I knew I couldn't come back here empty handed."

Dinah was surprisingly really convincing. I heard the sound of someone walking towards Dinah and I.

"I have to say, I'm really impressed, miss Hansen." I heard. "Get her dressed, we'll put her in the TST immediately after. Elijah, get the place ready, I can't wait to see what's in the mind of this incredible Quidditch player. Hurry up."

Nobody answered and Dinah started walking pretty fast. I figured that the man giving orders was probably the brain of this entire thing, Mr. Mikaelson.

Dinah already knew that they wanted to put me in some kind of machine, the TST. They were going to make me fall asleep with a pretty strong gas. They basically put people in different kind of situations and see how they react to them. The machine can control the dreams people have with specific actions, people and feelings. Lauren talked about it really briefly once, but not in details. However, the gas wasn't supposed to affect my brain because of the plant I ate before.

The taller girl kept walking until I felt her arm moving. She was definitely knocking on a door.

"Hi, Dinah." I heard another masculin voice say. This one sounded way younger than the others, though.

"Hey, Parker, I need an outfit." Dinah's voice said. "She's going in the TST in a few."

"Sure!" The voice said with a little bit more joy than I expected. "Do you mind waiting a little? Is she heavy?"

"I'll wait." Dinah simply answered.

We waited a few minutes before I heard the both of them talk again.

"What number?" I heard.

"Thank you, Parker." Dinah's arms moved again and she immediately started walking.

"DJH5H3." Dinah repeated the same letters and numbers she said earlier.

I got a little bit scared when she put me down. I was on something comfortable, though.