EXPLORATION

Vanessa lead me into my new room. The door opened up to reveal a daybed against the wall, a desk, and a small dresser. Out the window, I saw a fire escape. It was obvious that this was a guest room, the bare basic furniture, and empty dresser literally screamed it. I flopped down on the bed.
" I'll give you a little time to get settled.", Vanessa left the room and shut the door.

I quickly flipped over and screamed in the pillow. I did not want to be here.  I loved the part of New York I was in, alive with personality, I just hated the home. It's like being in your hometown, but not being able to visit your family. I unpacked my suitcase in record time. I opened the door quietly, and went down the hall, eager to explore my new home- for the time being.

Across the hallway was a small bathroom. Avocado green tile stood out against the pure white appliances. The shower curtain had tropical flowers on the bottom half, and a small training toilet was against the wall under the window.

Next to my room was Lin and Vanessa's room. The bed was against the back wall. A large window was above it. The opposite wall had a dresser against it, and some paintings hung on it. Another dresser was on the left wall, with even more art on it. The last wall had a closet, a vanity, and a door leading to a bathroom. I shut the door almost immediately.

I had two rooms left in this hallway. I pick the one at the end. I opened the door. A toddler sized bed is to my right, a toy chest straight ahead of me, and a dresser to my left. The floor has a considerable amount of toys on it. I closed the door and turn around. 

I gasp, behind me is a smallish, shaggy, gray dog, just looking at me. I don't like dogs, they smell, they're messy, and they attack people.

I dash into the last room to get away from it. I turn around and see the most amazing view. A large window reveals a bridge. A large one, made of gray steel. Against the blue sky and the clouds, the bridge looks magnificent. 

"Isn't it beautiful?" I spin around and see Lin, starting out the window, hands in his jean pockets. "That's my favorite view in the world. The George Washington Bridge.

"Whah..how.. How did you know I was in here?"

"Tobillo doesn't like people messing around in my office, she came to warn me."

"What kind of a name is that for a dog?" 

"Its Spanish for ankle, remind me to tell you that story sometime." Still perplexed, I look next to me and see the biggest CDcollection. 

"Whoah!" I couldn't hold it in, its cool. There had to be at least 150 CDs on this small shelf.

"I've got quite the collection. I never listen to these anymore though, I have all of them on my computer. " I'm still amazed by all of the titles. I didn't think he was into hip-hop music. 

"So you like Hip-Hop?", he blurts out. I was still so amazed, I just nodded.

"You can like, come in here when I'm not working. Relax, look at the view, listen to some music, If you want to I mean."

"Wait, what?" I finally get a good look around. An electric piano and a desk cluttered in paper was somehow invisible to me when I came in. This must be his office. 

"I might, I don't know.", I reply, trying to hide my excitement. I do not like showing my emotions, any kind. 

We both stand there, staring at the bridge for a bit. Suddenly, we are interrupted by a childish scream, and tiny footprints running down the hall.

"PAAAAAPPPIIII!" 

A small child runs into the room and runs right up to Lin.  He scoops him up just as fast as he ran. in.

"I don't think you two have been introduced, this is Sebastian. Sebastian, this is Louise, she's gonna be staying with us for a while."

"Hola!", he waits a few seconds, "Hi!"

"Is he bil-"

"Yep! Bilingual!", he interrupts me.

"Wait, are you Bilingual?"

"Yeah! My whole side of the family is!" Sebastian starts fussing and Lin sets him down, he speeds  off.  "C'mon, lets go do something fun, lets watch a movie!" Lin walks into the other room, I stay for just a second longer starting at the bridge, my....our bridge.