14

I DROPPED THE GUN. I stood up, holding the back of my head. Why does everyone throw me around? I didn't do anything when Marika picked my gun up off of the ground. What's the worst she could do?
Oh, I know, she could point it right at Evan Walker.
"You know I have to." she told everyone, "Vosch won't leave any of us alone until he has Walker."
Ben deliberately put himself between the two, "You don't want to do this. Cassie, or even I might have to kill you if you do."
"It has to be done." she said it again.
She shot Ben in the thigh. He fell back, into Evan's arms. I panicked, throwing myself at my sister. She didn't try to dodge it. She dropped the gun and allowed me to tackle her.
"What really happened to you?" I shouted.
"I found Constance in the-" she started.
I cut her off, "No! I want to know what really happened! You said you weren't going to leave Cup; you said you had to stay. What did Vosch do to you?"
She pushed me off of her.
"He enhanced me." she whispered, "He's coming. He's coming back for Evan. You all need to go, now."
With that, she left. She fled through the window. I had a feeling she wouldn't come back for a while.
I sat, staring at the broken glass. He enhanced her? What the hell is that supposed to mean?
"You heard her." Evan said, "Vosch sent someone, there's no way he'd let us go again. He's going to blow this place to bits."
I turned my attention to Ben. I took off my jacket and used it to wrap his leg. He tried to refuse, but I've been told that I'm quite stubborn.
"Bring everyone to the basement." I spoke up, "We have the best chance of surviving down there."
Cassie didn't hesitate, she went to get Nugget and Megan. I let Evan take Ben. I looked out the window one last time to make sure Marika would be far enough to survive. I could hear the helicopter now. We're so dead.
I made my way to the basement. Everyone was huddled in the corner.
Except for Megan.
"Where is she?" I demanded.
"She wouldn't come out." Cassie was frantic.
"Leave her. There's no time." Ben begged.
Like I said, I'm stubborn. I ignored him and ran to the back room. The door was unlocked, so all I had to do was pick her up. It was harder than it sounds. She kicked my gut. Why do I always go back for these kids?
I was halfway down the basement stairs when the first bomb dropped. The impact threw me into the air. I let go of Megan, hoping she'd land on something other than the concrete floor. I wasn't so lucky.
I got up and joined the huddle.
"I told you to leave her." Ben growled.
I flashed a smile, "I've never been good at listening."
"That's pretty obvious." he returned the smile, "I'm glad you're alright."
I'm anything but alright. I lost my sister again, my head hurts like hell, and now the one person I trusted was bleeding out. I leaned into him, careful not to touch his leg.
"I love you." I said it without thinking.
"I love you." his response sounded a lot more thought through.
What're we going to do now. I looked at the rest of the group. Vosch is even more pissed now.
You know exactly what you're going to do. You're going to kill Vosch and every other silencer. Or you'll die trying. I was suddenly mad. Look what he did. He ruined your life. He killed seven billion people; he killed your family.
All I needed to do now was get into the base. I'd be able to get to him from there.

EDITED

So I have a new story published, it's called PROMISES and it's a twd story.

Go check out my other stories if you haven't already!

Also make sure to leave a vote and comment if you liked this chapter!