16

I SAT WITH BEN in the first cave (Which happened to smell the least like dead people). Marika and the pilot were able to bring everyone here within a day.
     According to Evan, the mothership would start dropping bombs on every major city in three days tops. In three days we'll all be dead. The caverns were hopefully far enough from Urbana.
     "How's your eye?" I asked the pilot.
     He groaned, "Great."
     I forced Marika to let me bandage the hole where his eye used to be as soon as we landed. We needed a living pilot to get us to the base.
My sister paced in front of Ben and I.
"Is it time?" I questioned.
She nodded, "Start getting ready."
I glanced at Cassie. She was buttoning the uniform we took for her.
Ben grabbed my hand.
The pilot left.
"Be careful." he told me.
"Take care of Megan." I responded.
The helicopter's motor started.
"I love you." I whispered.
"I love you too." he pulled me into his arms.
I felt a few tears run down my cheeks as I pressed my lips against his. I didn't know when or if I would be coming back.
"Don't go." he pulled away.
I shook my head, "They need me."
"What about me?" he sounded almost offended, "I need you too."
     "Ben." I trailed.
     "Just go." he mumbled.
I couldn't bear to look at him anymore. The more I did, the more I wanted to stay. I have to kill Vosch. I turned away, joining Cassie and my sister. It has to be me.
     "You know the plan right?" Marika asked as I stepped into the helicopter.
     I nodded.
     The pilot murmured to himself while he lifted the chopper off of the ground. I watched as ben faded from my view. Is it too late to go back? The sun was peeking over the hills.
"We have company." the pilot spoke up a few minutes into the flight.
I looked over his shoulder. Six of Vosch's attack helicopters appeared on the radar. Come get us.
"Hold course." Marika told him.
"Are you crazy? They'll just shoot us down." he prepared to surrender.
"Would you like to lose your other eye?" she threatened.
He kept flying.
"What's going on?" Cassie asked me.
I shrugged. This wasn't part of the plan. We weren't supposed to be found this early on.
I didn't want to watch what was happening. We'd probably be shot out of the sky, so it was better to look away.
     "They're telling me to bring it down." he told us, panic lacing his voice.
      "Don't." Marika reminded him.
     I looked over their shoulders. We were going to fly straight into another helicopter if we didn't change course. I waited for them to swerve, but they didn't.
     "Don't shoot." Marika yelled to the pilot.
     Too late. The chopper in front of us burst into a ball of flame and debris as the bullets hit the engine. A piece of metal stabbed into Cassie's leg. I rushed to pull it out.
     "They won't shoot us down." my sister sighed in relief as I wrapped Cassie's leg.
I hope. You never know with Vosch.
     Thankfully they didn't. Within hours the base was visible. Every anti aircraft weapon was pointed at us. Even a few troops stood by the landing pad, but I knew they'd let us land. They had to.
Hello Vosch. I loaded my gun.

EDITED

Okay, so I'm back on my main account too. My main is satanberry  

Go check out my other stories including LEGENDS if you haven't already!

Make sure to leave a vote and comment if you enjoyed this chapter!