Chapter 43 The Troublemakers Tale

Dedicated ArlynOchinang
Soundtrack: Good Life by G-Eazy and Kehlani

First day. First day of what we call 'school'. After the long battling about whether I'm going or not.. well they won. And now here we are. Making our way down the road. Helen accidentally presses a button where some collector cars were hidden. She mouthed 'shit', combing her hair and touching some of it. Harper on the other hand just stared at the cars with awe.
Well, I didn't know my parents have this kind of so-called-collectors-item. I was also speechless when I saw some Lycan cars. Damn! It's one of a hella expensive cars! Different colors, brands and, styles were there.

I glanced through the cars where Helen was inside of the blue Mazda Mx-5 Miata. She roared the engine and tried its lights. That was one of a hell of a car! Harper was touching every car in her way until she finds what she wants. She glanced at me and posed a rock sign.

"Your parents knew what to buy Erinye! Cool!" She gets in the blue Chevrolet Camaro. Blue. Maybe their favorite color.

I want to try all of the cars but I don't like to catch attention especially not in school. So I walked straight trying to find something old and vintage. I love vintage things, and I don't know why. I stop in front of the cream-colored Volkswagen car. It's so small and cute. I don't know if this is automatic or not. But I'm hoping for the first. Vintage but automatic? Now that's new. I laugh because of my thoughts.

"No Ada! You're not going to ride on that thing!" Harper's voice echoed in my side before I can get in. Damn. I look at her with curiosity.

"And why is that? I prefer to ride this 'thing'" I answered emphasizing the word thing. She rolled her eyes like what-the-hell-is-happening-to-me.

"C'mon Ada. You can ride that Lycan over there! Or that Mercedes-AMG GT! But not a Volkswagen!" Okay. She's overreacting now.

"But I like this Erinye," I said with finality.

"Okay. Fine. But that's not automatic.. let's be practical in here Erinye. The two cars over there are too far from that thing, maybe that thing will stop in the middle of the road. Who knows? And maybe it's not..."

I intentionally put my hand in her mouth coz I know what she's referring to. "Okay. If this won't work maybe I'll try to use the other kay?" How did she know that I can only drive automatic cars? Oh, shoot! Zayn. She just shrug and left me.

Helen was buzzing the horn. She's already out of the garage. Harper gets in her Camaro and starts to get out. I get inside and tried the engine. It's roaring but when I was ready to maneuver it won't work. Damn. I punch its horn, making a loud annoying beep.

"That sucks Ada!" Helen shouted from her car. I just rolled my eyes and turn to what Harper pointed earlier. Mercedes or a Lycan? They're all gorgeous and cool. Damn it!

"The Lycan Ada!" Harper shouted.

"It's better to have that silver Mercedes!" Helen insisted.

Okay fine. They're more excited than me. I would love to have both but I can drag attention. I walk past the other cars until I found a blue Subaru BR-Z car. Another blue? What's with this color today? Everyone is picking a blue one. I get in and started the engine. It roared, even the sound of it is like a piece of music to my ear. I touch its steering wheel, the passenger seat, and its component. Everything is perfect. I stop myself from touching when I heard a consecutive buzzing of horns. Yeah, impatient as usual.

And now here we are in the middle of the road going to that stupid school. Nobody knows what's going on in Mr. Torrecili's mind. Really. He's unpredictable. Helen and Harper were in front of me. I think we drive for more than an hour now until they turn in one direction. Well maybe this is already the school coz I can see many students walking. Some of them gazed at us with awe, some ceasing their forehead trying to see whose inside the car. Curiosity peep through them. I can hear the sound of different noises coming inside the campus. Some are drums, people shouting, girls are singing, and more. The arc of the school was behind the tree. Woodside High.