Chapter 50 The Sun's Gone Dim and the Sky's Turned Black

Dedicated lemonel14
Soundtrack: All of Me by John Legend

"We seal our fate with the choices we make"
~Gloria Estefan

PIERRE'S POV

I was born out of wedlock, from former beauty queen Harriet Williams to Thaddeus Alestair. I don't know their love story or how they met, and why they decided to fall apart, all I know is that I was born to fulfill the promise made by my father to himself. I was already 4 years old when they both decided to separate ways. Since I was still young then, my mother wants me to live with her but it was the start of the war because my father don't want to, even if it was put on the court that Harriet would have possibly won but she didn't pursue it because Thaddeus was powerful than anyone can imagine. He blackmailed Harriet by manipulating the media believing his lies, so to make the story short I lived by my father's custody.

But we know there's no such thing as a short story when we're going to talk about the life of another or so to speak our own life. A year passed, Harriet married a business tycoon Lowell Bennet and they both have a baby girl who my half-sister, Helen Williams Bennet. After my both parents separated ways, my mom always see opportunities to see me even though my father won't allow me. I am taking every precautionary measure for my father not to find out my secret meeting. Lowell, unlike my flesh, is kind and friendly, he did not treat me as a bastard but he treated me like we're best friends so eventually, we've grown trust in each other. I am also close with Helen, maybe because she's my one and only sibling.

Thaddeus Alestair is a scientist/occultist and alchemist apprentice of this certain name Dian Faris. I just heard her name when he was talking on the phone in his laboratory. It was all started when this Dian gave birth to a girl. Thaddeus was so furious because Dian is hiding something from him. One time he's back from that Dian's house when he intentionally throw the vase at me, I was damn shocked and at the same time hurt, for young Pierre that was the first time I saw him mad and out of his composure, I never saw him like that when mom broke his heart. Just now.

But to Thaddeus, the game is just started. After that incident he will always say to me these lines "when you grow up, you will be the one who will kill her daughter!" I always need to live with his norms, rules, and law. Years passed then came the party, I don't like going to the said party but he force me then told.me "it's time for you to meet the enemy". So we went to the party just to my surprise that Helen and some other kids were also there. The party attendees were all from the elite and powerful group. How they carry themselves says it all.

I saw a little girl wearing a pink dress at the center of the crowd. I don't know what happened to me but something inside me flipped. I just can't take my eyes off her. I know from the moment I saw her something changed in me. She didn't notice me that time because she was looking at her parents. I went to see her mother and was amazed because she looked like her. I finally met my father's mortal enemy if that's how he described her, but looking at her peaceful face she's too far from Thaddeus' perspective of enemy.

"Gusto kong magpasalamat sa lahat ng dumalo sa 5th birthday party ng nag-iisa naming anak. Well some of you already knew her but as a proud father I will take this opportunity to introduce her again! Our one and only baby girl Miracle Adara Faris Albert! Please enjoy the night everyone!" masigabong palakpakan ang sumunod at ang pagtogtog ng isang mabining musika.