Chapter 1

I only own Reyna Norris,
her family, and the plot

Written: Friday, December 22nd, 2017
Published: Monday, December 25th, 2017
Edited: N/A

😺

Chapter 1- Back Home

"IT SEEMS TO ME, THAT LOVE COULD BE LABELED POISON AND WE'D DRINK IT ANYWAY

"IT SEEMS TO ME, THAT LOVE COULD BE LABELED POISON AND WE'D DRINK IT ANYWAY."  -ATTICUS

Hand in hand the couple walked through the archway of the entrance to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Smiling at the familiar sights, sounds, and smells Reyna practically glowed with happiness.

What could go wrong?

She was back home, she was with her amazing boyfriend, and it was her last year of school.

She cocked her chin as she always did when she thought something interesting. Maybe she could stay behind and teach? Ogg the groundskeeper was also retiring that year so maybe she could be the groundskeeper instead? Either way she just wanted to remain here with Argus.

All of those thoughts were wiped away as she felt a familiar hand squeeze her left hand. She turned and smiled at the completely joyful look on Argus's face as they walked towards the Great Hall.

Sadly they had to part ways once they reached the Hall. After all the two had more then a few things separating them.

Reyna made her way towards the black and blue table while Argus made his way over to the staff table to take his place as caretaker. He had started the job when he was 15 years old and when Reyna was 13.

Although due to him being a squib he wasn't allowed to actually be a student at Hogwarts with some persisting on his mother's part Argus was allowed to attend the school as authority figure so at least he could be around other children his age.

Reyna almost immeadietly spotted her friend Xena's braided blue hair as the girl was chatting up the cute guy next to her.

Deciding that ruining yet another possible relationship for her would be an excellent way to start off the year Reyna sneaked up behind Xena and covered her eyes with her hands before mouthing to the guy 'she's crazy.'

After all this guy was probably just another one of Xena's "conquests". Reyna's friend was undeniably good looking, her blue hair fading to white at the tips. Her brown eyes were always alight with laughter and she had seldom worn a frown upon her face.

Xena was overall just a very happy person. Who also liked to flirt.

Reyna smiled to herself at that thought.

Xena could likely flirt with a brick wall without blinking twice and by the end of it all she would likely have walked out with a new boyfriend.

When the boy turned away Reyna gave her friend an innocent smile as Xena turned arouund with a wicked glare on her face.

"Sorry..." Reyna trailed off noticing the murderous glint in her eye.

"Reyna, you know how much I like Archer. Why did you do that?" Xena demanded her eyes boring holes in Reyna's eyes.

Reyna instanly knew she had screwed up badly then. Xena's tone was soft almost wistful. Normally when Reeyna broke up one of her friend's flirting sessions she would simply pretend to be mad with Reyna before cracking. Then the two girls would just laugh it off and continue on.

But something about the boy must be different because she had never heard that tone of voice from her friend before.

She must really like him.

Truthfully though Reyna had no idea she liked Archer as much as she did. Xena often rambled on endlessly about the pro's and con's about each guys in the school. Including professors.

It was typically at this more than slightly awkward turning point in their conversations that Reyna tuned her blue haired friend out.

Needless to say she often missed things. Very important things.

However before Xena could speak again to chew Reyna out for her obviously very massive mistake Headmaster Dumbledore began to speak.

Reyna let out a little sigh of relief barely audible over the humming tension of the crowd of students in the hall. She wouldn't have to face her friend's wrath yet.

"As I know I am likely going to lose your attention the second the food appears I'm going to notify all of you of a important change in the coming school year.

Due to this event The Quidditch Cup will not take place as this Tournament of Sorts will take a lot of the contestents time and energy."

He paused waiting for the boos of the school's Quidditch fanatics die down.

Headmaster Dumbledore let his eyes twinkle over his half moon spectacles before continuing, "Hogwarts will have the honor of hosting a very special event this year. The Tri-Wizard Tournament."

Written By: 789