Chapter 2

I only own Reyna Norris,
her family, and the plot

Written: Sunday December 24th, 2017
Published: Monday, December 25th,2017
Edited: N/A

😺

Chapter 2- Apologies

"I WON'T EVER FIND THE WORDS, YOU ARE MY EVERYTHING ALWAYS  AND EVEN THAT IS NOT ENOUGH

"I WON'T EVER FIND THE WORDS, YOU ARE MY EVERYTHING ALWAYS  AND EVEN THAT IS NOT ENOUGH." -ATTICUS

A HUSH SETTLED over the crowd making it quite enough that one could have heard a kneazle sneeze. The hush even settled over Reyna's thoughts as an excited feeling took over her making her completely forget about her mistake.

That is until one student at the end of the Gryffindor table called out, "Where do I sign up?"

"Well, you bring up a very excellent point I was just about to get to Mr. Prewett." Headmaster Dumbledore said addressing not just the red headed boy but the whole deathly silent room.

Even though Xena was irritated with Reyna they still muttered in unison, "Gryffindors. Arrogant assholes." Known the wiser to her msitake Reyna simply didn't realise anything was wrong between her and her friend. And even if she were supicious of her mistake hurting her friend this would have only confirmed that her messing up didn't really impact Xena.

Albus's right eye seemed to twinkle at them from behind his half moon spectacles in such a way that both girl's knew that he had heard every word they said, crystal clear, but the man simply countinued, "As I was saying, the Ministry and Hogwarts have decided that restrictions have to be put in place to avoid the unnecessary deaths that have been taking place during recent tournaments. To enter the running to be allowed to put your name in the Goblet of Fire you must past a test to test your magical capabilities and you must pass an interview with me. Only if you pass both tests will you be allowed to enter the tournament as a potential champion."

Instantly whispers of, "That's unfair.", "That's rubbish.", and most amusingly, "I'll give you 5 demiguises to let me in the tournament." echoed around the room.

However quickly the voices hushed when Headmaster Dumbledore raised his hand for silence, "This has been set into place in order to assure us of your competancy and therefore your relative safety as if the the death toll gets any higher this tournament will be ended. However more importantly we don't want to lose another student to a event organised to promote friendship."

At these somber words the food appeared on the tables, but due to the bomb just dropped on them be the professor nobody really touched it. Silence reigned supreme in the hall for more then a few minutes but eventually people began to snap out of their trances and reach for the food closest to them and chatting to the person next to them.

Slowly but surely everyone else followed in an almost donimo chain reaction and eventually the Great Hall rang with the sound of merry laughter and the talking students.

"Interestested?" Xena asked Reyna in a sarcastic tone.

Much to Xena's suprise Reyna nodded her head enthusiastically, "Yeah, it sounds like fun."

Reyna knew most people viewed her as the typical nerd from Ravenclaw and she thought this would be the perfect way to show them she wasn't. She could and would prove every last one of them wrong.

She wasn't who they thought she was.

Still with a look of determination etched on her face Reyna reached for the corn chowder only to have Xena laugh rediculosly at her, "The souo isn't going to run away you don't have to grab it so tightly."

Reyna blushed in embarrassment before quickly taking a large spoonful of soup and stuffing it into her mouth.

However she pretty much regretted it almost instantly as she swollowed the scalding liquid burning every in of her throat on the way down while proceeding to nearly gag it right back up.

Xena nearly doubled over in laughter, "Yep, our newest Triwizard Champion everyone. The girl who can't even swollow soup correctly is going to bring our school Eternal glory and fame."

Once Reyna had stopped spluttering she socked her dark skinned best friend in the arm before laughing together for the rest of the feast.

○-●-○

"Xena, are you coming?" Reyna called to her friend as she stood up to leave the Great Hall only just noticing that her friend wasn't following her.

Thinking back through the events of the night Reyna scanned for amything wrong she might have said or did to make her friend's frown come to view.

Then it came to her. Archer.

"Xena I'm so sorry. I didn't know how much he meant to you and if I did I wouldn't have done what I did." Reyna told her friend as she reached her side.

The dark haired girl's continued silence was enough to show her that she needed to continue.

So with a guilty feeling rising in her throat nearly making her choke on her words she did, "Xena, I don't want to start the school year off with a fight. You hold the worst grudges and I have no desire to repeat the Third Year incident, so there anything I can do to make it up to you ?"

The blue haired girl turned to Reyna with a wicked grin on her face, "Actually there is." Reyna felt a sinking feeling in her stomach as she realised that she had fallen for one of Xena's expertley layed traps, "You can explain to Archer that you're the crazy one." she said pointing at Reyna to emphasise her point, "Not me."

Word Count: 931

A/N: First off, Merry Christmas to those of you who celebrate it and to those who don't Happy Holidays!

Second off, I'm not sure who still reads this story but to those that do I hope you enjoyed this long overdue update.

I've been going through some painful personal stuff lately and school has gotten a lot harder. I just needed time to get my act together and buckle down for the ride.

Also, I'm going to be changing the formatting off my books to match that of my Thor fanfiction, 1:37 a.m., so if you notice any changes, don't worry it's completely normal. :)