Chapter 4 - The trip

It's been one week since the screen test. The next two days after the first meeting were a routine. Manik was busy with the meetings and winding up the work. How much ever busy he might be but Nandini did cross his mind. Her expressive eyes, her beautiful smile, her twinkling earrings. Everything about her was different and the spark between them was already lit.

       Nandini after so many days got time for herself. She made complete use of it by relaxing and giving time for herself, pampering herself to no extent. She never knew the ever so arrogant Manik Malhotra can be this calm and have such good sense of humour. He definitely rung a bell in her heart and mind.

       Cabir was busy with the shows and handling his new assistant who was a complete walking disaster. It's as if she attracted trouble to herself like a magnet. Instead of making his schedule and helping him, it's been quite an opposite experience. It was cabir who started helping her from not banging into the wall and slipping over a piece of paper. One minute she will be talking to him about his meeting with the sponsors for the show and the next minute she will be running into someone, landing on her butt. Those two days were quite eventful for him.

        Mukti was enjoying her free time to the fullest. She went for biking and got completely immersed in her play station the next day. Aliya was still sulking but got diverted with her start up plan she thought for the fashion business. Dhruv however for the first time was day dreaming about a girl he hardly knew and was smitten at the first sight. Now that's complicated!!

        The third day, when Manik was just leaving the office after completing his work, he got a call from Anurag. Anurag requested him to break the ice between fab5 and Nandini as it was very important for them to be in good terms. He suggested that they go on a road trip for three days. Even Manik thought that this would be a great opportunity for them to be friends, if not friends at least acquaintances.

      He told cabir about the plan and they took up the most dangerous job to convince the other three. Dhruv at once agreed considering he would spend time with Nandini. Mukti too agreed after lots of convincing. At some point even been blackmailed by cabir. Nandini was very much happy that they took an initiation. Now the last one but the most problematic one was Aliya. She was bursting out even if she heard Nandini's name, and spending three days and two nights will be like placing two opposing parties in the war zone. She tried to make all the excuses she can, so as to avoid the trip. But, cabir suggested if Aliya is busy then Manik and Nandini should go on a trip. Whatever may be the reason Aliya could never leave Manik with Nandini and that too alone for three days. Unknowingly, cabir did strike the wrong chord which made Aliya  say yes for the trip.

Next day morning Manik got ready and left to pick cabir, Dhruv , Mukti , Aliya and last one was Nandini. They reached her apartments and gave her a call telling her to come down fast. Nandini was looking smashing in her jean shorts and grey crop top. Manik was mesmerised by her which was noticed by cabir. But something that was unnoticed was Dhruv smitten by beauty.

The journey from Mumbai to Lonavala was great. The bond between cabir, Manik and Nandini was becoming really strong. Mukti was starting to like Nandini as well but she was not ready to accept the fact. Dhruv was just a silent spectator, only speaking when it was absolutely necessary. And about Aliya I guess everyone already know.

They decided to stay in manik's farmhouse. Soon after they reached the place , they had dinner and retired to their respective rooms. Manik and Cabir were too tired with the travelling since they took turns while driving to Lonavala, so they dozed off immediately. Dhruv and Mukti too slept after sometime. Aliya applied her overnight face pack before she went to sleep. But Nandini's sleep was nowhere to be found. She got a call from Arnav. They spoke for sometime and Arnav had to leave for an urgent meeting. She was twisting and turning sides on the bed not able to sleep.

Right when she thought of reading a book, she got an idea. She wasn't sure that it will work out or they will not be as mad. But come on, she was bored to death and that's the least of ideas she had. She went to the dressing table where her toiletries and make up essentials were kept. She started brushing her hair but was not satisfied with the outcome. She then straightened her hair and applied a line streaming down from her eye like a tear drop, with the blood red lipstick she had. She applied as much amount of eyeliner and Kajal she wanted, to give a scary look. She was all set to scare the s**t out of the house holds.

"Mmhh....Mukti..?? Nooo!!! She is a wild cat and she will definitely screw me if I do that. Mmmhh...Aliya?? Nah!! She doesn't like me at all and I definitely don't want today to be my last day. Mmmhhh....Dhruv??? No no, he is a calm person and seems to be the good boy of the group. Manik..??? Oh definitely not, Arjun already warned me not to piss him off, that he has some serious anger management problems. Ha ha ha ha ha.....here I come cabir, get ready to have some fuuunnnn!!!!...."