Day one: Netflix or me

Chapter  6

***Kaiden***

Why Goddess? Why do this to me? 

I could hear her chuckling and saying that I was the one who wanted a mate. I close my eyes and grit my teeth as I try to unlock my mate's arm around my shoulders before I shame my entire pack.  My mind fades to yesterday night after she took a bath.

***Yesterday night***

"I swear! Give me that! I'm not joking!" I run after my mate as she tries to hide under the sheets.

Every since I introduce my mate to the shows on Netflix to keep her occupied, while I took a shower, she won't let go of my laptop. Her eyes lit up and stay glued to the moving figures on the screen. That was at 6 PM.

"It's 3 in the morning! You can watch your show later after you sleep.  Ok? Come on!" 

I pull the sheets off her and try to wrestle my laptop away. But she growls and glares at me.

"Mine!" 

"I thought I was yours!" I pout and pry it away from her fingers.

"No! Give me!"

I froze and look at her. She kneels on the bed, and her eyes start glowing gold.

"Give Me!" She demands raspily.

"You spoke! My baby's learning..." I breathe in deeply to calm myself down. "I can't believe it!"

My chest puffs up with pride, and I accidentally let go of my laptop. But she was there to catch it. She runs under the bed with my laptop and the covers. I see her body shaking with laughter with the glow of the screen.

"Are you serious?" I sigh and lay on the bed. After a few minutes of silence, I look under the bed.

 "If you come to sleep, I'll hug you. I won't let go. I promise!" 

I wait a few seconds but she still didn't come out. I sigh and let her go. The laptop was helping with her speech anyway.

 I lay back on the bed resigned. 10 minutes later, her head pops up from the bed, and she smiles. She holds out the laptop to me and climbs into bed. I look at the laptop to see the credits rolling, and I laugh.

"Sure, why not?" I chuckle as she snuggles into my arms.

*Present*

  She growls something and hangs on tighter. I groan in frustration and push her even harder. She was nearly off, but then I accidentally brush my arms against her breasts, making her moan. I yank my arms away from her blushing, and she takes the opportunity to lock her elbows. My face reddens, and I silently scream as I fight my wolf.

All of the sudden, she suddenly froze and her eyes snap open. She glares at something or someone behind me, and I heard a laugh.

"Wow. I didn't think I would get caught." My aunt's voice sounded behind me. I twist to see her standing near my window. Her eyes narrow at my mate. "Not even the Alpha can detect me if I don't want him to."

I groan and roll off the bed while my mate sat up in the middle of the bed looking both disheveled and sensual.

"Aunt Moe! What are you doing here?"

"That's one of a kind of mate you got there, son." I raise an eyebrow and wait. At that moment, my mate turns my face toward hers and stare at my eyebrow.

"Isn't she cute? Just like a pup! Anyway, your mom updated me on her condition. Did you make any progress yet? You can't keep calling her 'my mate' and mate. The Alpha's mate can't be mute and unknown to her people." I fight the urge to roll my eyes. It's been a day.