Chapter Eight

Reader's POV

Thorin stands in front of the mirror, fixing up his clothes. Today was the celebration of him and the Company taking back Erebor. He turns and tries to fix every little piece of clothing. As he does that, the doorknob slowly turns and his wife, Sarah, peeks in, seeing him fuss over his clother. She giggles silently and slips inside. She slowly walks up behind him. "What are you fretting over my love?" Thorin turns suddenly to see her and hugs her tight. "Nothing my love..." Sarah smiles. "I know when your lying, so tell me the truth." He sighs but smiles. "You know me so well. I am just trying to fix my clothes." She looks him up and down. "You look extremely handsome!" He hugs her. "Thank you... Come on. We should go!" They stand and they head for the great dining room.

Thrain's POV

I sit with my cousins Kili, Fili and Taneka. Taneka and Kili got married like mama and papa. I look around hurriedly and I bounce in my seat. Fili sees and laughs. "What has you so excited?" I giggle. "Mama and Papa! I wanna see them!" He ruffles my hair and chuckles. "They will be here soon little one!" I smile and I turn to see Kili and Taneka kissing. "Eww!! Its only allowed when Mama and Papa kissy!" They turn to me and smile, laughing softly. Suddenly the doors open and there was Mama and Papa! Everyone claps and I jump from my chair beside Fili and I run over to them as fast as my little legs will take me. "Mama!! Papa!!" They turn to see me running to them and Mama bends down and picks me up, spinning. "Thrain!" Mama kisses my cheek and Papa kisses my other cheek. I giggle and everyone awws.

Thorin's POV

Throughout the night, I have sat with my company. Bilbo, Dwalin, Balin, Bifur, Bofur, Bombur, Ori, Nori, Dori, Oin, Gloin, Kili and Fili. We had those who are precious to us sit with us. Gimli, his mother, Sarah, Thrain, Taneka and a few others. We were having a great time, drinking, talking and joking around. By the end of the night, everyone was tired out. I am resting my head against Sarah's shoulder. She softly pets my hair, kissing my forehead every now and again. "I am lucky to have you..." she giggles and hugs me. "And I am lucky to have YOU!" I lean down to kiss her when the door flies open. I turn to see Gandalf. "Gandalf!" He walks over quickly. "Thorin! We have a problem..." he whispers the last part as he reaches me.

THE END?