Ch 2

Josilyn Pov

:-:-:-:

"I thought you wanted to go to the beach," Lou looks at me confused as I pull his hand in a different direction.

"I change my mind. I don't feel like getting more salt water up my nose today, I had enough yesterday."

"Then where are we.."

"The pool!" I tell him as we arrive.

"Even better," he shrugs and then slips into the deep end and goes under.

I pick one of the lawn chairs directly set out for relaxing and lie down in one. I sigh in content as the sun shines directly at my face and let my body rest as I put the sunglasses on and closed my eyes.

I heard splashing around the pool and Louis's heavy breathing as he did laps in the pool and such. Every once in a while I peeked one of my eyes open behind my shades and stared at his muscled back flex everytime he made his movements in the water. I watched as his hair stuck to his forehead when he came above the water and mouth parted for air. He was perfect.

I hesitantly closed my eyes back and decided that I'd be taking a quick nap. It couldn't hurt. I haven't been getting much sleep since we've been here. To be honest, neither one of us has. I don't see how he's so energetic. Then again, he's Louis.

I decided to not think about it any longer as I put my mind to rest. Not long after, I felt myself slipping into unconsciousness to the pleasant sound of my husband splashing around like a child in a pool.

My attempted slumber didn't last very long. I was awoken by multiple drips of water falling onto my bare legs, stomach, and chest. I no longer felt the radiant sun shining brightly over my face either. It didn't take a brainiac to figure out that he was leaning over me.

"What are you doing?" I mumbled with my eyes still closed.

He carefully removed my shades from my eyes and set them down. I felt his flexed arm slide under my legs and other behind my back. I turn and snuggle into his chest.

"I'm taking you to the bed." He tells me.

I sleepily chuckle, "Sure you are."

He laughs in return, "You know me too well."

Louis takes a few more steps and then, as I expected, I feel him throw my body in the air and moments later water engulfs around me entirely as I sink into the warm water. I take a moment to adjust and then swim back up to the top, swiping away the hair in my face.

The first thing I see is the wide grin stretched across his face as he crouched down at the edge of the pool. "Sorry babe, you're just so hot. I had to cool you down somehow."

I giggle and shake my head, "Probably the cheesiest thing that's ever left your mouth Lou."

"Most likely."

I slip my hands under the water and wrap my fingers into the belt loops of my shorts. I pull them down my legs and bring them above the water.

I throw my soaked pair of shorts next to him, onto the ground.

"Come here." I bend my finger in a beckoning gesture.

He wastes no time as he sits down on the edge of the pool and then slips in. While keeping eye contact with me, he makes his way over and starts swimmimg in my direction.

I bite my lip and teasingly swim in the opposite direction and down the pool. When I turn to look over my shoulder, I'm surprised when I don't see him. I stop and turn around, looking around the large pool for a sign of where he was hiding. I found none.