Ch 55

Two days later..

••••

Famous Son of Former Band One Direction Louis Tomlinson Son In Coma

Car Crashes Into Pole On Sidewalk, Pictures inside

17 Year Old Son of Former Band member in Freak Accident, hospitalized with grave injuries

Carter Tomlinson, son of Boy Band Member Louis Tomlinson, Allegedly on Life Support

"Leave a message."

I hung up and pressed her name again.

It rang three rings–
"Leave a message."

A horn came from the driver beside me and I swerved back over into my lane. Then removed my hand to press her name again.

Two rings–
"Leave a message."

I slapped at the tears on my face, drying my fingers on my stained sweatpants, and pressed her name again.

One ring–
"Leave a message." I threw the flip phone at the passenger seat.

My foot pressed down into the gas pedal, sending me down the road. As time flew, everything began blending further into a blur.

Everything but the red and blue lights suddenly in my rear view mirror.

I blinked a few times, trying to remember where the blinkers to the car were. When the windshield wipers started speeding up, I finally just got over without warning.

The car scraped against the metal railing and I exhaled in defeat, shifting into park.

The officer seemed to be at my door in a flash, knocking on my window.

I looked at him and then my door where I knew the controls were. The window rolled down.

"Ma'am.. Are you aware of how fast and reckless you were driving?"

I opened the door.

"I-I need to go to the hospital."

From a distance, he seemed to visibly inspect me, "Where is your injury located?"

"No I— my son, I think. I think he's.." I choked, putting a hand to my chest, trying to find my words through the heavy lump in my throat, "He's.. H-He.. I-I read.. well I.. I think I read.."

"Have a seat ma'am," he interrupted.

I looked down to see myself standing in front of him, hands reaching out to him. His hands, in contrast, rested on something in a holster. I allowed my hands to drop and then brought them up to my face. "Please hear me out. I'm not crazy–"

"Have a seat," he repeated, less friendly.

I rubbed my face and sat down.

"Are there any weapons in the car?"

"No."

"Have you been drinking today?"

"I just need to get to my son."

"Answer the question I asked."