Changes

I got up from the bed to find something to wear to my doctor’s appointment just as Khiley walked into my room.

“Girl you ain’t dressed yet? We gotta be there in 30 minutes.”

I mugged her as she kept going on about me not knowing the value of time.

“Khi can you shut the hell up or get the hell out so I can get dressed.”

“Ugh pregnancy makes you bitchy. I do not like it.”

“And I don’t like -”

I was cut off by the sound of my phone ringing. I looked at the number and slid the reject call tab.

“Him again?” She asked.

“Well of course.”

“I don’t see why you just won’t talk to him. It is his baby Yaz.”

“No when he called me out my name and questioned the paternity of our child it became my baby.”

“I still think you should give him a chance to explain himself. You know he was drunk.”

“All drunks speak a little truth Khi. You just gotta be willing to accept that.”

*FLASHBACK*

So? How I know it’s my bambino?”

“Come on Maino, let’s get you home, i’ll have him call you in the morning Yaz.” His brother said.

I nodded, instead of trying to talk to him I turned around and walked away. I was giving him the option to just talk to me tomorrow when he was sober. Even though my feelings were a little hurt. I saw my siblings standing not to far away with shocked looks on their faces.

“What i’m gone be calling her for? The bambino isn’t mines or did y’all not know that she was whoring around. That bambino could be anyones.”

I turned around and launched myself at him, throwing hits left and right while I felt people trying to lift me off him. He just stood there trying to restrain me but I was too pissed to even notice. My brother yanked me off him and held me close.

“Come on Yaz. You know he doesn’t know what he’s saying.” One of his cousins said trying to pull him away.

“Bullshit. Don’t have him call me and if he comes anywhere near me or this baby I will shoot him.” I said tears dripping down my face.

“Yaz-" Montae yelled.

“No i’m done trying, keep him away from me and I hope he feels like hell when you tell him about tonight.”

I never thought I could hate anyone as much as I hated him in that moment.

*END FLASHBACK*

“Why am I explaining myself to you Khi? When you wanted to hide your pregnancy from Hood, did i question you? No, I didn’t even push you to tell him, I let you make your own decisions regarding your child. So let me do the same.”

I slid up my Zoe Karssen light grey bat sweatpants, put on a white tank top with the matching bat hoodie. I put on my batman footies and put on my white low top air force ones.

“You’re right? I’m sorry. I just feel like you’re being a little too harsh on him.”

“Whatever lets go.”