Chapter 9

The Psychroton lifted up the lair and teleported the Iceberg Lair to the 10th dimension. The Twin Sanity team decided to go out and find the hideout of the Evil Twins. John was really excited as was Pete to get back into the game.

"It's not a game," Cortex insisted.

"You said it was," Pete joked.

"That was ten years ago," Cortex protested, playfully.

"Still counts," Pete replied, smiling.

To that, Cortex laughed. He had forgotten how much he enjoyed talking to Pete. He looked at Crash and John, who were also chatting away. Nacey had decided to join her brother and daughter, saying that it was her fight too. Cortex looked at Aku-Aku, who floated over his sister rather protectively.

"Afraid she can't fight," Cortex asked, a bit concerned.

"Yes, she doesn't have any powers and neither does Nina," Aku-Aku answered, while looking at the once Goth girl.

"Believe me, Nina and Nance can fight," Cortex stated, reassuringly.

"I hope you are right," Aku-Aku replied.

"I know I am," Cortex responded.

Eventually, the team came across the Evil Twin's lair. It was much bigger than last time, even going into the 10th dimension Cortex Castle, built by the Evil Cortex. Cortex felt a bit awkward seeing his (technically) castle after all of this time. Granted, this castle was much ominous looking than his but the familiarity was still here. As he followed the team into the lair, someone grabbed Nacey from behind. Aku-Aku was about to react until she kicked the person down south. There was no groaning sound but there, in the shadows, was an Evil Nacey.

The Evil Nacey was much darker and looked less forgiving.

Evil Nacey stated, "I'm not letting you get to my brother!"

With that, she threw a poke ball, bringing out a shiny Empeoleon. It rather evil, like its master.

"Emplo," said the Water/Steel type.

Nacey got her own poke ball as she replied, "Looks like I'm not joining you in the final battle."

Aku-Aku started to protest, "But Nacey..."

Nacey replied, "If you don't go now, it'll be the end of us all! And we're not going to have that happen."

With that, she threw a poke ball, bringing out a Gardevoir.

Gardevoir said softly, "Gar."

Aku-Aku hesitated for a second before he left with the others. He felt bad leaving Nacey behind but the Evil Nacey told him one thing: the Evil Twins were defiantly here.

Nina whispered, "Hope Mom knows what she is doing."

Aku-Aku replied, "Yes. Same here."

After a bit of running, they ran into an Evil Nina and her shiny Hariyama. Nina decided to fight it and her with her Altaria. John couldn't help but wonder what was happening and why people were trying them so bad. But his thought was destroyed when a Volt Tackle nearly took him by surprise. Baffled, John side stepped and was about to fall into a vat of chemicals, until Aku-Aku stopped him.

John breathed, "T - thanks."

Aku-Aku replied, "Anytime."

John looked at the Pokemon that attacked him and instantly paled when he saw a shiny version of himself. Next to him was a shiny Evil Pete, making gap in shock.

Pete responded, "Suddenly regretting agreeing to come."

Evil Pete sneered, "That's sorta of the point."

Evil John added, "And you aren't leaving here."

Uka-Uka appeared as he stated, "Not at all."

Crash and Cortex saw their chance as they ran into the final room. There, they saw the Evil Twins. With them were: Evil Crash, a shiny Zebstrika, Evil Cortex, and a shiny Salamence. Crash grabbed one of his poke balls, bringing out his Sceptile. Cortex also grabbed one of his poke balls, bringing out his Glalie. As the battle started, Crash was fighting hand-to-hand combat with Evil Crash. He never thought that this - of all things - was going to happen. Crash was doing pretty decently against his evil counterpart as was Sceptile.

Victor stated, "You think you can win?! We will won't let you!"

Crash hissed, "You aren't even in this fight!"

Victor smirked as Zebstrika launched Flame Charge. Sceptile was lucky enough to dodge it but it defiantly got Crash's attention. Evil Crash was able to pin him to the ground. Cortex looked at this as his evil counterpart grabbed his arms and held him tight.

Evil Cortex commented, "Look at that disgusting display. That bandicoot should NOT even exist. But yet, you created him."

Cortex struggled, "Like you created Evil Crash?"

Evil Cortex stated, "It wasn't my idea. This is a mirror world. Whatever you do, we do. But when that ray hit from Velo, we were able to break free. And now, we are at this point where we want to control your dimension and beyond."

Cortex grabbed his plasma blaster as he shot Evil Cortex in the nuts. He groaned, letting go of Cortex. Cortex smirked a bit evilly.

He replied, "Here's the problem with that. I'm NOT going to let that happen."

Evil Cortex snarled as he yelled, "Salamence, Flamethrower!"

His shiny Salamence roared as it started to launch its orange flame. Cortex knew that he had to react fast or that would knock out his Glalie. But that was until a Dragon Breath, a Moonblast, a Volt Tackle, and a Shock Wave caught his attention. He turned and saw Nina, Nacey, John, Pete, and Aku-Aku coming.

Nina hissed, "Hey ugly, why not pick on someone else that is your speed?! Altaria, Steel Wing!"

Altaria's wings started to glow of a white light as it went after the shiny Salamence. That captured Evil Cortex's attention, leaving the Evil Twins defenseless. Crash and Cortex went in with John and Pete. Nina, Aku-Aku, and Nacey kept the evil counterparts busy during the chaos. Aku-Aku felt bad for doubting Nacey and Nina. They were both equally strong. As the battle between the Evil Twins and the Twin Sanity team started, Victor fired a magical ball at Cortex's head. Cortex paled, thinking that it was the end...

...

Wishmaker1028: Sorry for the delay guys but I hope to end this story soon. After this, I hope to work on the final chapter and then a few other projects I got lingering. Please read and review! And always think outside of the box!