Chapter Ten: Sunrise

Okay, there are only a few more chapters after this, maybe two. :'(

This chapter is dedicated to MonkeyLover123   :)

And that's the ring----->

Hope you enjoy this one . . . 

~Allison

Chapter Ten:

Claustrophobia is a terrible thing. Argh, I hate being in tight spaces. I start to hyperventilate and my throat closes up.

Laken knows this, but yet, she insisted that we try and squeeze into the small photo booth to take pictures. I complained, but she ends up pulling me into the thing and forces me to smile.

“Come on, Brooke. Just give the camera one of those pretty smiles of yours. Please?” she begs.

I groan but I give in. After smiling and joking around, we have taken enough pictures to satisfy Laken and she pushes me out of the booth.

And of course, I fall flat on my face.

Laken squeals and starts laughing. “I’m . . . sorry,” she manages to get out.

I get up off the dirty floor and wipe my knees off mumbling, “Thanks for helping.”

But she doesn’t hear and continues to laugh. People are starting to stare and I have to drag her away to avoid them. Once she sobered up, we walked into Sephora and she ran into her favorite store and looked around.

I let out a smile chuckle at her. It’s good to have her back. I need a friend right now, but she doesn’t know it. I’ve considered telling her about Eli for the past two weeks, but I’ve decided against it, each and every time.

But seeing her, spending so much time with her, it gets my mind off of Eli and his supposed ‘deadline’ every now and then. I wish I could tell her. Confide in her. I know I can, I just don’t know if it’s the right time.

I’m so busy off in my own world, I jump when someone taps my shoulder. I spin around and come face to face with a guy who looks about twenty years old with blonde hair and green eyes. He’s taller than me and has to look down.

“Hey there,” he says with a smile.

I frown at him, but I politely smile back and turn around to what I was doing. It doesn’t take much time for him to tap my shoulder again. I turn around, ready to tell him to leave me alone, but he talks again before I can.

“You know, a pretty girl like you shouldn’t be in a store like this. You’re beautiful enough as it is,” he smiles down seductively.

I snort and say, “Sorry, those cheesy pick up lines won’t work on me.”

He only stands up straighter, more confident and says, “Why not?”

I’m about to respond when I hear someone calling my name, “Brooke! I’ve been looking for—,” Laken starts, but when she spots the guy who is obviously hitting on me, she scowls and takes a stand right next to me. “Who are you?” she asks.

The guy, seeing another girl, puffs out his chest and grins, “Micah, what about you, sweetheart?” He sticks out his hand for her to shake.

Surprisingly, she takes his hand. But I can see how hard she’s squeezing and she’s still scowling when she blurts, “I don’t like you.”

I resist the urge to laugh while he stands there, mouth open. “Wha—,” he starts, but Laken catches him.

“And I don’t like how you’re hitting on my friend and me. So why don’t you take yourself out of the makeup store and somewhere you can find other tramps willing to fall for your pet names,” she says and lets go of his hand. Laken turns back to me as if to start a whole different conversation.