Chapter 3-Her/His

*Poseidon's Point Of View*

Her. Her eyes. Like the aqua pearls the lousy mermaids love to wear. Those pearls had nothing on my girl. Her hands. Small, firm warrior hands, as if she spent her lifetime fighting instead of being a normal teenage girl. My destiny. She was ----

"My gynaíka" I mutter under my breath.

"What?" She asks, her full lips mouthing the word, making me feel emotions I never thought existed. Here I was, at her school, trying to win her love, but what she doesn't know is, she is my destiny. I'm here, pretending to be a teenage boy, as if I cared about a job, a career, when all I need is her.

I remember that day clearly, 10 years ago, when she first jumped off those cliffs. I remember disguising myself as a wave, thinking there is no one else in the world with eyes that color. Aqua. Her eyes, amazing color, and when she fell, I felt my heart ripping open, and I knew then and there she might be the one.

As soon as I thought that, she landed on my waves with a big splash, and I rushed to her. She struggled, kicked, and tried to swim, but unfortunately she couldn't rise up fast.

' She's going to die' A voice said in my head, and deciding really fast, I knew there was one way to make sure she was my gynaíka. I whispered in her ear," Breath, swim, make the water your friend."

And that did it. She breathed in the water, my water. My gynaíka. My soulmate.

"-------and there is the science room where we will operate on you and kill you so yeah." She said.

I was so focused on her that I didn't really hear what she was saying.

"Huh?" I asked, bewildered and then remembering I'm here and not in my beloved ocean.

"Are you even paying attention to what I am saying?" She asks, her aqua eyes steady as they study my face.

"Yes of course, the science room is there where you will operate me." I say as I smirk at her. I decided to put her to a challenge and see if she really can deal with me.

"Ok princess are you sure that's all you want to do?" I smiled at her, waiting for a reaction. Surprisingly, her expression changed, but not the one I was hoping for.

Her expression held annoyance, not impressed. Wow I thought, no woman has ever given me that reaction.

Looks like this one is a challenge, I thought, as she started checking me out.

Time to bring out the charm, I thought.

"See something you like princess?" I asked her, smirking, hoping for a different reaction.

That did it.

Her face flushed, deep red blush appearing, making her even more beautiful.

It was a surprise, really, how she didn't know her own beauty. It was refreshing.

That's what made her remarkable I guess, how she doesn't take bull crap from nobody, how she doesn't care what people think of her.

"It seems we have a problem dude, if you are going to keep on staring off into space." She muttered under her breath, annoyed by my presence, or so I thought.

I decided to get cocky with her. I leaned real close to her and whispered,

" How's this for attention princess?"

She gulped, red appearing on her face once again, as she just stammered.

"J-just back off a-and don't call m-me princess m-my name i-is Pr-Priscilla." She sputtered while at the same time giving me a glare.