[16]

Three years later

I watch Kevin play with our son. I smile as he picks Elijah up spinning him around. Kevin smiles and Elijah runs over putting his ear on my belly "Can sissy hewr me?" I smile at him "I think she can, Lijah. Why don't you talk to her?" Elijah smiles up at me "Hi sissy. I can't wait to meet you. Mommy and Daddy said your about to be born. I'm going to name you Karissa. I wove you sissy." He kisses my belly and I awe looking up at Kevin who is smiling.
*******************************
Three Years Later

I sniffle and hug Kevin "Please stay safe. Make it back to us." He rubs my back "I will, Ashley." Elijah runs out holding Karissa's small little hand. Kevin crouches down and hugs them both. Elijah cries and hugs Kevin "Daddy please make it back from the army. Sissy and I need our daddy." He says while his lip quivers. I bite my lip to hold back tears "I'll make it back. Elijah while daddy is gone you have to be the big boy. You must protect sissy and Mommy while I'm gone. Can you do that?" Elijah nods and kisses Kevin's cheek "I'll miss you daddy." "I'll miss you too bud." Karissa reaches out for Kevin and he picks her up. She puts his arms around his neck "I wove you daddy." Kevin sniffles "Daddy loves you too." Karissa goes in Amanda's arms while I turn to Kevin and I kiss him. After about a minute he pulls away and by now I'm crying. He coos me and slips his necklace on my neck "I'll miss you and I love you so much, Ashley." I hug him tightly "I'll miss you too. Be safe and...and... Please don't get yourself killed" I whisper softly. He nods and kisses my head "I love you." He says "I love you too." I say on the verge of tears. He walks away after kissing Elijah's head, Karissa's cheek and my lips. I watch him drive away and I turn to Gunner and the others my lip shaking tears welling up my vision. "Come here, Ash." I go into Gunner's arm and cry into his shoulder. He just rubs my back holding me "It's ok. He'll make it back. Kevin is a fighter." Bryan says from my left. I turn my head and see him holding Elijah who is crying. I nod and just hug Gunner.
*******************************
Two Years Later

Gunner left a year after Kevin did for the national guard. Imiss them so much but they gang took me out today. I go into the cafe with Matt, Amanda and Bryan. They all  seem jumpy but I just shrug it off. Sarah is watching the kids so I cohld go out for once. The kids were so happy when I came back from the store. I figured they wanted to see Sarah. We sit down and I notice the place is empty for once. Only about three otehr people besides me and the gang. "How have you been Ashley?" I turn to Matt and sigh "Fine. Just missing Kevin and Gunner since they left." I whisper. Bryan side hugs me and I let out a small sob. He rubs my shoulder and Amanda smiles looking at the entrance "Hey. Where is my birthday girl?" My eyes widen and I slowly turn seeing Kevin there with a smile in his camo outfit. He opens his amrs and I run at him jumping up into his grasp putting my legs around his waist. His hat falls off of his head and he laughs whike crying. I cry softly while hugging him and look up "Babe I missed you so much." I whimper looking at him. He just smiles and I grab his collar kissing him. We stay like that for about three minutes until Bryan clears his throat. I giggle and pull back. Kevin sets me down and I sniffle "Well was I forgotten too?" I hear a male voice laugh. I turn and see Gunner. I smile and go over hugging him "I missed you Gomez. Don't you leave me ever again." I say into his chest "I won't. Trust me. I missed home to much." I laugh and kiss his cheek. I'm so happy I have my boys back
*******************************
Kevin and Ashley lived a good life after that. They grew old and died together. With in a month of each other they both died. This is now Elijah's point of view.

I walk into the cemetery and sigh seeing Karissa by the grave. I sit next to her and we hold hands "Do you think Mom and Dad are with us?" I look at her and smile "Yes. They are always with us. Just like what Uncle Gunner says. They love us and always will love us." Karissa nods and hugs me "What was Mom's middle name?" I smile "Jane." She smiles back at me "Then that's what I'm going to name my twin girls. Jane and Ashley. I love you Lijah." Karissa says putting her head in my shoulder "Love you too little sis." We both look up and see two cardinals standing side by side staring down at us "I love you. Mom, Dad." I hear Karissa whisper.