Chapter 4

Meanwhile, far away from London, there was an island. And that island was named N. Sanity Isle. As everyone knew, this was the home of the hero, Crash Bandicoot. Currently Crash was scouting the area, with his Keystone in his right finger less glove. Behind him was Coral Bandicoot, Crunch's younger sister and Coco's cousin. She kept her Keystone as an earring on her left ear. The two were walking along, trying to find the hiding place of Uka-Uka. The two cousins, however, weren't having too much luck.

"We aren't having a lot of luck, are we," Coral pointed out a bit sarcastically.

Crash stated, using sarcasm as well, "In more ways than one."

Just then, Crash saw a soft light. The south Australian Bandicoot perked up at this as he went to investigate. Coral followed right behind as the two saw a crater filled with castle like structures.

"Whoa," both cousins breathed.

"We hit the jackpot," Crash stated.

With that, the two went over to the crater to check out the castle structures. Crash was slightly ahead of Coral, with the feeling of deja vue. He couldn't put his finger on it but it all seemed so familiar...

"Crash!" Coral called.

Crash came over as she pointed to a symbol on the wall. Uka-Uka's symbol.

"Nice work Coral," Crash praised. "We found Uka-Uka's hideout!"

"But you won't live to tell anyone!" A voice threatened.

Crash and Coral perked up as they saw Uka-Uka appeared.

"Uka-Uka!" Coral breathed.

Crash immediately took a fighting stance as Uka-Uka chuckled darkly.

"You wouldn't dare fight me," the evil magical mask stated.

"And why is that," Crash snarled.

"Because I have your family," he darkly pointed out.

To prove his point, he used his magic to bring forth Crash's family. Crash and Coral gasped when they saw Cristaen with two teens. Those two teens were Nicky and Rachel Bandicoot, Crash and Cristaen's twin children. Nicky was the oldest twin and had most of the bandicoot fur but a little ponderoo streak in his fur. Taking his father's trait of emerald eyes and the habit of sleeping a lot, Nicky wasn't much of an island hero. He was 17 years old, wore a torn up green shirt, worn blue jeans, and black and white shoes.

Rachel was the youngest twin and had most of the ponderoo but had a little bandicoot streak in her fur, like her brother. Taking her mother's trait of emerald eyes as well and the tutoring of her Aunt Coco, Rachel was becoming the next genius of the island heroes. She was 17 years old, wore a light blue shirt with dark blue lace on it, light purple pants with dark purple lace on it, and light and dark red shoes. Cristaen, Nicky, and Rachel all struggled against the magical invisible bonds.

"Let us go," Nicky demanded.

"Silence Bandicoot," Uka-Uka hissed as he turned to Crash. Crash was no longer in a fighting stance as the evil magical mask smirked. He added, "Good, you know when to quit."

"What do you want," Crash asked, his voice filled with so much venom that it made Coral flinch.

"The island reset," Uka-Uka stated, his eyes narrowing. "Tell me what I need to know."

Crash and Coral both exchanged confused looks. They, too, had no idea what the evil magical mask was talking about.

"The what now," Coral asked, confused.

"Don't play dumb with me," Uka-Uka hissed. "You know something about the island reset."

Crash stated, growling, "I know nothing, you hear me?!"

That's when he remembered something...

...

-Flashback-

The flash blinded the five heroes for a second as Crash rubbed his eyes. There, standing with him in front of a camera were two Pichu brothers, one girl, and one man. The man was the closest to Crash and he seemed familiar to Crash. He had yellow skin, black hair with a goatee and a bald spot, a black "N" on his forehead, wearing a white lab coat, brown jeans, black boots, and red rubber gloves. Why did he look so familiar...?

"I think I've got purple spots on my purple spots," the one Pichu stated.

"I hear ya on that one," the other Pichu replied.

The woman smiled and commented, "This was still the best adventure I ever had!"

"Same here," Crash responded.

The man turned to Crash as he questioned, "But do you even think we'll be together like this again?"

"No doubt," the Pichu brothers answered, in a happy unison.

Everyone smiled at their optimism as Crash turned to the man. He couldn't hear what he was saying but he felt a hug from those four people. He didn't know why and he didn't know how but all he cared about was the man next to him... As if he was someone special...

-End of Flashback-

...

"Cortex," he breathed as soon as Aku-Aku arrived.

Aku-Aku hissed, "Let go of Crash's family at once."

Uka-Uka smirked evilly as he let go of Cristaen, Nicky, and Rachel. Luckily, Coral reacted with diving to save them. Coral grunted as Cristaen got her Keystone ready in her necklace. Uka-Uka couldn't afford to be defeated so soon as he quickly escaped again. Coral got to her feet as did Nicky and Rachel.

Rachel asked, scared, "Dad?"

Crash snapped out of it as he answered, "I knew him... I knew Dr. Neo Cortex..."

Cristaen questioned, "Who?"

Crash felt like he knew the answer but the truth of the matter was...he didn't. He was confused and while the name seemed important to him...he was the only person that thought so. But who were those Pichu brothers and that girl?

He finally admitted sadly, "I don't know..."

Aku-Aku floated around as he thought, 'So the island reset did happen. I was afraid of that. If that did happen, the curse will bring the users of the Light back to the island...'

...

Wishmaker1028: Seems like the masks know more than our heroes do! And what is with all of the Keystones? All those answers and more on the way! Please read and review! And always think outside of the box!