Chapter 10

Cortex looked at the youngest Pichu brother for the longest time. Everyone was silent as Nicholas eventually got to the hideout and was filled in.

"I wonder why they are like that," Nicholas wondered aloud.

"No idea," Nina stated, wondering herself.

"Are you sure I am not dreaming this," Cortex questioned Pete. "I mean, from a scientific standpoint, a Pichu should not be able to talk the way you do."

"I was able to talk since I was about 3," Pete pointed out. "So did my brother..."

Cortex noticed the venom in his voice as he said that. Cortex couldn't help but wonder why.

"What happened," he asked curiously.

"It's a long story," Pete admitted, sadly before he paused. "Right now, we are trying to figure out how we know each other and how it relates to Crash Bandicoot."

"Exactly," Cortex agreed. He looked up as he sighed, "What ever happened...? Weren't we best friends?"

"I thought you were," Pete replied, also confused.

"I need to remember somehow," Cortex responded, now pacing.

"Uncle?" Nina called. Cortex looked at her as she added, "I remember seeing a symbol once."

"A symbol?" He asked, a bit confused.

Darla came over with a sketchbook and a pencil as she said, "Yeah and Nin had me draw it. This should shed some light on things."

Cortex looked as did the others. They all gasped as they saw a different version of the Ying Yang symbol but this symbol was more bird shape. That's when both Cortex and Pete remembered something big.

...

-Flashback: 'Crash Twin Sanity: One and a Half'-

The group was now outside of the cave and on the other side of the island. Cortex was about to suggest going towards Papu Papu's tribe, seeing that it was just ahead, and ask about the crystals when a huge and strange zipper appeared. That's when two parrots, the Evil Twins, came out a dimension. Victor was on the left while Maurtiz was on the right.

Victor told his brother, "Oh that feels good. I was molting in there."

Maurtiz ignored him as they went over to the foursome and told them, "Power you fools, for the awesome might of, The Evil Twins."

Cortex taunted, "You two are SO cute!" Crash, John, and Pete laughed under their breath. Cortex chuckled as he added, "Let's see... I might've some chalky treats for you..."

Cortex started to reach for his pocket as Victor started to go towards him. However, Maurtiz held Victor back.

Maurtiz stated, "We've got some good news and some bad."

Victor told them, "The bad news, we're going to destroy your precious islands."

John and Pete exchanged worried looks and said, in unison, "Uh oh."

Maurtiz finished, "The good news, you won't be able to see it."

Crash and Cortex didn't seem as phased by the Evil Twins threat as John and Pete were.

Crash actually YAWNED at the threat and told them, "Boring."

Cortex added, putting his two cents in, "How tired some."

Victor stated, "He wants to play mind games. Okay."

At that moment, Victor used some kind of psychic powers to bring out Cortex's brain and Victor caught it.

Crash commented, grossed out, "That's gross!"

John added, "I agree."

Pete added, gagging a bit, "Check, please."

Maurtiz took Cortex's brain from his brother and threw it at Cortex, forcing it back in. Maurtiz then predicted, "This is the part where you run away screaming." A moment passed after he had said that and Cortex screamed and ran away. Maurtiz said, "Go on run!"

Victor added, "Catch you later brainaic!"

With that, the two of them went back to their home dimension.

John told his brother and Crash, "Now I see why the power crystals were flaring up."

Crash nodded and told them, "Now we know what is going on, we best stop this."

Pete asked, "Yeah, but the question here is how?"

Crash said, no trance of fear in his voice, "I've dealt with worse a lived to tell."

John stated, "I can bet. If we can stick together, we might defeat those goons."

Pete nodded and responded, "I think that's a good idea. Come on; let's get Cortex."

-End of Flashback-

...

"The Evil Twins!" Cortex and Pete said in unison.

"What did you say?" Nina and Nicholas asked in unison.

"I have a feeling that we are missing something here," Nacey told her sister-in-law.

"You'd win that bet," Cynthia confirmed.

"Who are the Evil Twins," Kenai and Chloe questioned in unison.

"How do you guys do that," Starlet asked naively.

"More important, what does that have to do with Crash Bandicoot," Gus wondered aloud.

"Fair question," Gia pointed out.

"That's a question that you'll never get answered," a voice said.

The family spun around as they saw Teresa standing there. Cortex looked confused when he saw one of his best students standing there and saying those things.

He approached her and asked, "Teresa, what are you talking about?" Teresa grabbed Cortex by the throat, starting to choke him. Cortex struggled and just as Pete was about to react, a Golem appeared and hit the Electric type with Rock Blast. "Pete," he choked.

"Hey, leave my brother alone," Nacey hissed, about to throw a poke ball.

Teresa used her other arm to make a powerful black mist to knock them out.

She said, rather smugly, "Sorry, but this is between him and I." She threw Cortex to the ground, stopping the choke hold. Cortex quickly caught his breath as he looked at Teresa. She added, "As you might have figured out by now, I am not your student...nor am I human."

"Then who are you," Cortex demanded.

"Oh my sweet Neo," she said, transforming into a magical mask. She was brown in color with blue gems on each side of her face. She had green eyes with a wavey blue bidding on top of her mask. "How soon you forget!"

Cortex gasped as he instantly remembered and asked, "Sandy?!"

Pete struggled to get to his feet as he asked, "Who the hell is Sandy?"

Sandy chuckled darkly and answered, "Oh yes, I forgot the Pichu brothers never met me or my sister. How unfortunate."

Pete snarled as Cortex was in a cold sweat. He turned to Pete, whom was looking directly at him.

Cortex whispered, "If I told you what to do, would you do it?"

Pete whispered, "In a heartbeat."

Cortex ordered, "Then use Iron Tail on Golem!"

Pete nodded as his tail glowed a white light, quickly striking the Rock/Ground type with the Steel type move. Golem was forced away from Pete as Cortex managed to grab something out of his pocket...

...

Wishmaker1028: I gotta stop with the cliffhangers! Please read and review! And always think outside of the box!