Chapter 1: Haruka Nanase (Free!)

I'll always love you

Your P.O.V:

Just a moment ago, you were enjoying your tub of (F/F) ice cream and now you're . . . here? In front of a high school. You looked at the high school and immediately recognized the logo.

Iwatobi High! You were at Iwatobi High. But that would mean you'd be in the anime Free! For a moment you wanted to know how exactly that would happen, but this had been your dream forever! You didn't want to ruin your dreams before it even happened.

Then you realised something; you're wearing a school uniform! You were a 3rd year at this high school, but you didn't know your schedule. You pulled at your phone that had been transported with you and saw that it was after school hours. You sighed in relief. And then you realised that you could go to the swim club, I mean you might as well since this is probably a dream. Right?

So you ran to the swim club and when you got there, Haruka was waiting for you.

"Oh, Y/N, you're here. We've been waiting for you, we really need to practice for nationals, you know."

"Um, yeah! Sorry, I was a bit distracted." You replied. When he didn't leave, you said; "I need to change, get out you perv!"

"Don't you have your swimsuit on though?" Haruka asked, his face lacking emotion.

"Y-Yeah but still!" You retorted, flustered. How were you supposed to know you normally wore a swimsuit like the others did? How were you supposed to know that they knew you?

He turned around as you proceeded to take off your clothes, revealing a pretty maroon one-piece. "You're swimming\ the 200m breastroke right?" Haruka asked.

"Um, I think so. I'm done." You replied, if you were apart of this story, and you already signed up for the race, you'd probably go for the 200m breastroke since Nagisa's got the 100m covered. Even though you'd prefer the 100m Freestyle, Haruka would definitely win that, plus, Makoto's competing too! So how could you pick something that you'd have no chance in when you could do something that could benefit the team?

You and Haruka walked out to the pool and without wasting a single second, the both of you dived a perfect dive into the swimming pool and started warming up. Of course, Haruka's already done his warm-ups and was now swimming about in the water. The other 3 were practicing in the other lanes.

It was a wonderful feeling; swimming with the 4 characters who you've longed to join. Your mind kept arguing about how this could be reality and how you should just accept it.

When you took a breath after your warm up,

And then it happened, you started drowning, but how could that be? How could you, someone who loved swimming, drown? That would be ironic, wouldn't it? Being a swimmer and drowning as a result of your death? You blacked out.

You opened your eyes and found yourself at the hospital. Haruka was sitting on a chair close to the bed you were sleeping on. His eyes were closed and you weren't sure if he was sleeping or not.

"Haruka?" You murmured, rubbing your eyes.

"Oh. You're awake. How are you? Would you like some mackerel?" He asked.

"I-I'm good. I am hungry, but I'd rather have sushi." You replied.

You saw the a tiny look of disappointment in his eyes. "Sushi with mackerel, of course. But, I thought I drowned?" You said.

"You did, but, I, um-" Haruka began, he looked out the window and explained. "I saw you just sinking to the bottom of the pool. I thought you were doing an endurance swim, but you didn't come up for air after your usual 10 seconds . . . so, I brought you out of the water and stuff happened."