17 : Feeling Him

When Mickey redresses, we go to leave and run into Ailene and Jackson again

When Mickey redresses, we go to leave and run into Ailene and Jackson again. "Hey, were you guys getting food?" she asks us with a wide smile. Do they all starve themselves before shoots?

"Yeah, we were just going to grab something," Mickey answers.

Ailene rolls her eyes. "She flew all the way out here to see you and you didn't plan to take her somewhere nice?" Mickey stammers to find an excuse.

"We're going to Michelangelo's," Jackson says. "Just come with us."

♡♡♡

We sit outside on the restaurant's patio in the warm breeze. The weather here is ridiculous. I can't get over the fact that it's December but it feels like early fall. I look over the menu at the over-priced Italian food and preemptively salivate over the carbs I'm about to ingest.

"She's gorgeous, Mickey," Ailene says. I realize I had been ignoring the conversation. She and Mickey seem like great friends. So much so, it almost normalized the fact that I just watched them have sex. "I'm really glad you're able to handle all this. You never know what will happen with outsiders," she says to me.

"Well, I've been a big fan of both of you for a while now," I admit to her. "I used to watch you two all the time." I can feel myself blushing slightly.

Her smile drops slightly. "A fan?"

"Bro," Jackson jumps in, looking disappointedly at Mickey. "You're fucking a fan? You know better than that!"

Mickey rolls his eyes. "It's not like that. She's not crazy," he insists. 

"I'm not?" I tease him before turning to Ailene and Jackson. "Your totally right to warm him, Jackson. The only reason I haven't murdered him yet is because he's just too pretty," I say tongue-in-cheek. Mickey laughs happily at my dark humor. The other two allow themselves a reluctant chuckle.

"You're funny," Ailene compliments me. She leans her head onto a hand, looking me over with her beautiful gray-green eyes.

"Thanks," I smile. "But my shitty jokes are just a defense mechanism for the immense pain I bury deep, deep inside," I say straight-faced. They both stare at me for a moment, and then start to laugh again. 

"Jesus, she's as fucked up as we are!" Jackson says laughingly. "It's just a matter of time before she joins the dark side."

"Have you ever thought about doing porn?" Ailene asks me. I get excited to think it was an invitation, but I know there is much more to what they do than having a nice body and faking an orgasm.

I hesitate. "No, I mean ... I've always liked it and wondered if it was something I could do. I dabbled in Mickey's Tumblr, figuring if anyone was going to make me look good, it was going to be him," I explain. "But I don't have what it takes, like all of you."

"You mean you don't have daddy issues?" Ailene asks with a hearty laugh.

Mickey glances at me hesitantly as if he expected that to bother me. It doesn't. Most of the time. "Not the right kind, I guess," I say with a grin.